Phillies season 8

Started by MURP, September 01, 2005, 09:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

BTW, I can't think of any sports announcers more freaking annoying than Braves announcers.

Imagine Art being the broadcaster of the taterskins... it's almost that bad.  :puke

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MDS on September 13, 2005, 09:40:43 PM
And somehow were right there in the WC race  ???

Amazing enough....

FLA's up on Houston 4-2.

MDS

Carey was on DNL and was slupring every last ounce of the organization. On Wheels level, but not quite.

Hey, Phillies will either be tied with Florida or pass the Astros. That aint not bad.

2 games left with the Braves.....these first two dont matter unless we get 1 of the next 2. Get er done boys!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on September 13, 2005, 10:08:54 PM
Carey was on DNL and was slupring every last ounce of the organization. On Wheels level, but not quite.

Hey, Phillies will either be tied with Florida or pass the Astros. That aint not bad.

2 games left with the Braves.....these first two dont matter unless we get 1 of the next 2. Get er done boys!

Does that mean it's bad?   ???

MDS

Simpsons reference. Boo-urns  :boo

Padilla starts saturday, Brito sunday. Floyd back to pen for mop up.
Tejeda gonna be used out of pen starting thursday. Please use him in meaningful roles. Please. He's good.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

wtf?

Did I hear right when someone said Lieberthal is having some good AB with BISP lately? Something like 8 for his last 17 or something?

Is this some alternate universe?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

I don't know who this team is. But I want my choking Phillies back.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 13, 2005, 10:18:54 PM
wtf?

Did I hear right when someone said Lieberthal is having some good AB with BISP lately? Something like 8 for his last 17 or something?

Is this some alternate universe?

Threw out a guy at second tonight, too... well, with a little help from the umpire.  :D

PhillyGirl

Quote from: MDS on September 13, 2005, 10:20:17 PM

Leave it to you to start whining when they win.  :-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 13, 2005, 10:21:22 PM
Quote from: MDS on September 13, 2005, 10:20:17 PM

Leave it to you to start whining when they win.  :-D

Bring back Bowa and Glanville! 86 win season are the way to go!!

Geowhizzer

He just not comfortable with the Phillies winning anything.  What was he, 6 when the Phils won the pennant in 1993.

You and I remember the glory days- 1980.  We know what winning baseball looks like.  8)

(and this ain't it yet, though it is getting much closer).

MDS

I was in kindergarden. I remember game 1 of the NLCS and thats about it.

What the hell is playoff baseball?

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 13, 2005, 10:24:53 PM
He just not comfortable with the Phillies winning anything.  What was he, 6 when the Phils won the pennant in 1993.

You and I remember the glory days- 1980.  We know what winning baseball looks like.  8)

(and this ain't it yet, though it is getting much closer).

:-D

PhillyGirl

QuotePadilla's rib cage and Tejeda's shoulder felt fine after bullpen sessions on Monday and Tuesday, respectively. Padilla will start Saturday against the Marlins, while Tejeda will be used out of the bullpen starting Thursday

Does this mean Tejeda will be starting after a few shots out of the BP?

MDS

I don't know. They way Manuel sounded, they want him out of the pen. Might not be a bad thing if they use him correctly, and Brito and Lidle pitch fine.

Bad thing is Brito probably has too short of a hook and Lidle has too long of one.