MLB Playoff Talk

Started by Geowhizzer, October 04, 2005, 02:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Peavy got chased in the 5th by a Reggie Sanders Grand Slam.  Cardinals up 8-0.

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's a joke that the NFC West got to send a team to the playoffs this year, kind of like it will be that the NFC North gets to send a team to the NFL playoffs.

Geowhizzer

Peavy was the one chance San Diego had of making any kind of series out of this.  Cardinals will now probably sweep.

MDS

Padres are total garbage. Really the Phillies were the 4th best team in the NL.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

4th best in the NL, maybe 9th best in the majors.  That's not very good for having the 4th highest payroll.

WEST is GOD

I hope the Astros win the WS. This way everyone on the Phillies can sulk all summer and saying "It should've been us!"
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

Mad-Lad

Peavy's out for the rest of the season.  Sucks to be him.

GO ASTROS!

Fan_Since_64

The Padres season will only be a couple more games.

GO REDBIRDS!

Geowhizzer

I doubt Peavy's absence makes much of a difference, as I don't see the series going to game 5.

Mad-Lad

Quote from: Mad-Lad on October 04, 2005, 06:24:15 PM
Peavy's out for the rest of the season.  Sucks to be him.

They just mentioned on sportscenter that Peavy originally injured himself celebrating the clinching of their weak-ass division.  Today he reaggrivated it while throwing a wild pitch.

what a freakin' moron!  "Yay!  We're the worst team ever and we're going to the playoffs! Lets pile on top of each other to celebrate!  WEEEE!"

hbionic

Giants didn't make it and the Padres are going to get slammed...oh yeah, the phillies didn't make it either! :yay :evil
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Mad-Lad

3 - 1 Astros (end of 3rd).  Chipper homerun & 3 RBI from Morgan Ensberg.

GO ASTROS!

Mad-Lad

Biggio - sac fly, Ausmus scores.  4 - 1 (mid 4th)

Mad-Lad

A. Jones - 2 run homer.  4 - 3 Astros (bottom 4th)

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.