2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 20, 2008, 10:33:18 PM
And I reiterate about the Nats announcers....holy hell they are terrible. Gimme Wheels and MDS in the booth all day over those yokels.

lost track after the 100th "We".  The more I hear some of these other announcers around MLB, Wheels ain't half bad.  I am still getting over the Diamondbacks crew.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 20, 2008, 10:33:18 PM
What was up with that crackhead Elijah Dukes? Was he angry at Lidge for something? He flipped his bat after the walk and then looked all pissed off like he had somethng to prove.

And I reiterate about the Nats announcers....holy hell they are terrible. Gimme Wheels and MDS in the booth all day over those yokels.

The Nats announcers are easily the worst in the league.  It's not a sin to be homertastic in baseball since they are the local announcers, but it is to just be mind-numbingly boring.  They actually make me pine for the Braves' announcers.

ice grillin you

yeah nats announcers are unbelievably boring but still light years better than wheels who is probably the worst announcer in any sport...jack edwards is a close second

ive actually always liked the brave announcers

this series has been a nightmare....been there for 18 innings and seen one phillie run...the scariest thing ive seen tho pat burrells raised hands sucked in stomach take that we saw every in every one of his at bats a few years ago....not a good sign at all

utley - choke - jimmy - burrell are 14 for their last 92 (.152)

choke has more k's than rbi walks homers doubles and triples combined
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Skip Carey was friggen awesome as a PBP guy.  His son Chip is a worthless piece of shtein, though. 

MDS

burrell is a streaky player. he'll get it going again soon enough. the thing that keeps him in the lineup is the obp, though. even though hes hitting in the low .200's, his obp is still close to .400.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

I assume you mean he's hitting in the low .200's during May because his avg for the year is .278. 

SunMo

choke with 2 monster home runs tonight

btw, apparently on the Nats broadcast, Ray Knight was spouting off about how well he hit off of Carlton and proclaimed that Zimmerman is already a better fielder than Schmidt was
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep, he was. He said Zimmerman was the best 3B he's seen since Brooks Robinson. He said he loved Schmitty but he played all his games on turf and it is easier to field on turf. Oh, and because Schmitty didn't dive and get dirty as much as Zimmerman does.

Rome

PoopyfaceMcGee

MDS

Another 0-4 for Pat. Boy he really is streaky.

Meanwhile, Choke Dog hit an absolute bomb against Chico. Not safe to say he's back, but he's been in that "mediocre to average" area the past few weeks, a marked improvement from what he did in April.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

He looked clueless on the first two pitches and then Chico made the mistake of throwing him the same exact pitch a third time.

Hello, upper deck.

ice grillin you

me and matty had more beers tonight than the phillies had runs....and that was before i left and had a booze cruise on the way home
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Geowhizzer

Lost in the offensive explosion / Nats implosion is the Houdini-like pitching of Moyer last night.  The Nats had several chances where it looked like they would score at least a run, and perhaps several (1st/3rd no outs twice), and Moyer wriggled out of all of them without giving up a run.

He throws slop up there that looks like you and I (probably not MDS, though) could hit it, but he had the Nats way in front of just about everything.