Photography Thread

Started by mussa, May 05, 2005, 03:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

so sus, what exactly are you adjusting when you take these photos into that program? are you selecting the sky and then adjusting the sky and the land parts separate to get that look? is it a filter?
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Rome

A good title for the trolley shot would be "The Eagles Super Bowl Express".

mussa

"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Rome

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: mussa on February 08, 2008, 02:37:34 PM
so sus, what exactly are you adjusting when you take these photos into that program? are you selecting the sky and then adjusting the sky and the land parts separate to get that look? is it a filter?

The program combines the 3 different images automatically, and then I go through a tone mapping process with the same program. I just eyeball all of the adjustments, adding as much or as little change as I think looks good. Personally, I don't like it pushed too far, but I do like a nice, turbulent sky. So that's definitely one thing I'm keeping in mind.

When it's all done, I transfer to Photoshop, do some minor tweaks, size it, and then it's done.

mussa

got ya...very cool, i think the sky is my favorite in many

Susquehanna Birder

It makes for some interesting results in studio conditions, too.

shorebird

Wow man, you have a real knack for taking pics. Love the tanker car one. Makes me want to go upstairs and run my American Flyer around the track a few times.

Cerevant

What is the difference between the shots?  Is it just exposure?
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Susquehanna Birder

Between what shots? You mean the ones that look different from a "normal" photo?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging

Here are a couple of more conventional shots, taken with my point-and-shoot this weekend:

Dillen

Love Park was awesome.

Nice picture though.

Susquehanna Birder

Meh...it's much better to take pictures without all of those hoodlums skating around.   :-D

I do see a bunch of them around the city, and on the Temple campus, though. Too bad the city hasn't come through with a dedicated park for it.

Dillen

Skaters practically built Love Park up to what it is. People went there to see them. How often do people go there now? My money is a lot less than they used to.

I haven't been there since they closed it down for skating in 2005 or whatever year it was, but I've seen pictures with the new planters and wooden benches and it looks farging ridiculous.

mussa

I was living in philly when they changed it and it looked like shtein. My roomate at school jumped the gap at love park into the pond on rollerblades once. it was pretty awesome. course thats when you could do that there. really it doesn't matter to me...if people want to skate they can go to FDR and there are plenty of places to go, but no real offical parks. thats sad in such a large city. really sad

Sgt PSN

What's really sad about it is that Philly used to host the summer X-games yet they don't have an actual skate park for people to use.