Started by mussa, May 05, 2005, 03:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeti

"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

rjs246

Quote from: Yeti on January 04, 2008, 10:50:26 AM
Sweet lookin ride.

Quick, somebody post some filthy whore lie about Camaros being better than Mustangs.

Whores.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Cerevant

Now that I look, I see the highlights on the car.  Is that also the source of the 9 bright lights across the top of the picture?
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Susquehanna Birder

Yep. It was a little tough to get them to space out correctly, being that I was walking on some muddy ground. Plus, on the best shot, I stupidly fired the flash in front of the "one lane bridge" sign. So I cloned the sign, and the darker sky, and a few of the flash points, from a different shot. Gotta love the magic of digital post-production.

Diomedes

Sus is into the luscious pics
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Susquehanna Birder

Susquehanna Birder

And while I had the area set up, I bought a piece of glass to experiment with...

rjs246

Stop having marginally interesting talents. Old.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

mussa

i think the vodka bottle and glass would be better w/ the mirror...or glass or whatever
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: mussa on January 05, 2008, 09:49:24 PM
i think the vodka bottle and glass would be better w/ the mirror...or glass or whatever

Yeah, that was my original idea, but I wanted to get the shot done last night, and I didn't get the plate glass until today. Plus I was trying to emphasize the coldness of the vodka, and I thought that maybe the reflection would detract from that. Maybe.

Cerevant

Two questions:
1) What was the bottle sitting on?
2) What was the back drop for the two pictures (if any)?
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

shorebird

Santa was very good to me this year.

shorebird

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Cerevant on January 06, 2008, 06:15:28 AM
Two questions:
1) What was the bottle sitting on?

It's just a foam core board that's black on one side. I used it for the tennis ball, too, but I placed a thing sheet of glass on top to get the reflection set.

2) What was the back drop for the two pictures (if any)?

I built a small tabletop stand out of 1-inch PVC pipe (and fittings), and draped a piece of black fabric over it. I'll see if I can get a picture of it to show now it's put together. The funny thing is that with normal light, it looks terrible...but with the right lighting and adjustment of the photo after the fact, it becomes pretty much invisible. I also have a larger piece of black fabric that I can tack to the ceiling...but I haven't taken that big of a picture yet.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on January 03, 2008, 03:17:24 PM
Ah, now I understand what this is about. It's something called High Dynamic Range (HDR) images.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging

The resulting images look pretty cool. Despite my previous no-frankenphoto stance, I'm going to take a stab at experimenting with that.

I've been playing with a trial version of HDR creation software. This is my treatment of a little fly fishing shop in Boiling Springs: