Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

golden state crowd is so good

iguodala opens up with a three....holla atcha boy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

another fabulous golden state denver game last night...its to bad david lee is out because with westbrook out i think the warriors theyd have an outside shot at making the finals

ice grillin you

great finish here in boston if anyone cares

ice grillin you

nice....i needed OT for a bet

ice grillin you

i cant wait until paul pierce retires so i can stop thinking about larry hughes all the time

BigEd76

Jason Collins announced he's gay, becoming the first player in the 4 major sports to announce it while still active.  Didn't even know he was still in the league

ice grillin you

he technically isnt in the league....hes a free agent who may not be signed by anyone...altho he wants to still play

Sgt PSN

I'd say that since he isn't eligible to sign with another team until free agency begins, that technically, he's still in the league and is a member of the Wizards.   

Curious to see if this helps or hurts his chances of signing on with another team though.  I'm sure some teams will avoid him like the plague and others might be chomping at the bit for the PR that would come with having him on the roster.   

MDS

i know its a big deal but i cant bring myself to care

hes gay. so what. i dont care that other people are straight. peace and love stillupfront's moms.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

I forget what the filter 'stillupfront' means. But whatever it means, I do remember its not a nice word.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

It's the filter word for uppity knee grows. 

MDS

actually its the opposite of uppity...like im uppity, igy is a _____
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

The owners committee recommended the Kings stay in Sacramento, and the Board of Governors is expected to agree

QB Eagles

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 29, 2013, 12:20:12 PMCurious to see if this helps or hurts his chances of signing on with another team though.  I'm sure some teams will avoid him like the plague and others might be chomping at the bit for the PR that would come with having him on the roster.   

It is a bit strange to come out as an old FA. If no one signs him, some people will take it as a sign of the league's homophobia instead of a sign that he's old and sucks. There are probably some basketball people who want to fight that perception, and Collins probably wouldn't be a giant step down from the bench center on some teams anyway, so I say this helps him, marginally.

I also agree with MDS that this is a 'who cares?' to anyone under the age of 55 with the possible exception of other gay athletes who don't realize it's okay to be out, people who are trying to sell magazines and newspapers who have been trying to find a player to come out for the last 25 years, and the folks who think all gays stalk public restrooms trying to recruit 11 year olds for orgies with Satan.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 29, 2013, 06:45:06 PM
I also agree with MDS that this is a 'who cares?' to anyone under the age of 55 with the possible exception of other gay athletes who don't realize it's okay to be out, people who are trying to sell magazines and newspapers who have been trying to find a player to come out for the last 25 years, and the folks who think all gays stalk public restrooms trying to recruit 11 year olds for orgies with Satan.

tell that to chris broussard who went on outside the lines today and called collins a sinner