The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

No, that's just when he stopped being relevant. 

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

What made it so sweet was the fact I was in Anaheim at the time, actually watched the last few minutes of  game 1 at an Angels game in the concourse surrounded by Lakers fans.  It was beautiful.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

Wah.  Farging Cleveland fans need to get over the fact that he is gone.  I said before "The Decision" that he was going to leave because in 7 years, Dan Gilbert surrounded him with average at best NBA talent.  He wasn't going to win in Cleveland because they didn't have the players.  He recognized that and left.  I've never once blamed him for leaving, just the manner in which he did it.  But Cavs fans need to nut up and deal with it because they'd still be butt hurt even if LBJ signed with the Heat without all the hoopla like every other player does.  Deal with it, bitches.  

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 02, 2011, 06:45:52 PM
Wah.  Farging Cleveland fans need to get over the fact that he is gone.  I said before "The Decision" that he was going to leave because in 7 years, Dan Gilbert surrounded him with average at best NBA talent.  He wasn't going to win in Cleveland because they didn't have the players.  He recognized that and left.  I've never once blamed him for leaving, just the manner in which he did it.  But Cavs fans need to nut up and deal with it because they'd still be butt hurt even if LBJ signed with the Heat without all the hoopla like every other player does.  Deal with it, bitches.  

Scott Rolen is, though, still a douche of the largest magnitude.

ice grillin you

yup phillie fans to this day still boo jd drew and rolen

to suggest that cleveland fans should get over losing a home state guy who is literally one of the best nba players of all time AND acted like a complete ahole in leaving is craziness...oh hes also about to win a title too

you dont ever get over that much less one year later
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Both of those iceholes deserve to get booed for the rest of their lives.  One wouldn't sign because his outrageous contract demands weren't met and the other because he was a gutless coward who never had the backbone to play in a city whose fans * might * hurt his precious feelings.

James is a punk too but he dwarfs Rolen & Drew in terms of importance and talent. 

ice grillin you

gotta remember too that cleveland is in a championship drought the likes of which no city has ever seen
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Even if you believe that Clevelanders should get over losing LeBron, no way should they be over it before the season is over especially when he has a legit shot to win the title. They get at least this year and next to piss and moan about the way that shteinbag left town. Me? I'd hate the sonofabitch forever.

Imagine if that happened to a Philadelphia athlete?

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

DeSean becomes a free agent and holds a goddamn tv special to announce he is going to take his talents to the Meadowlands or Dallas? He'd get slaughtered and rightly so.

MDS

when donovan left it was awesome though

farg that fatty

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Booing is different  and I think Phillies fans are "over" Drew and Rolen.  It was fun to boo them for a while but I could care less about either anymore.  Besides, I don't know of any Philly fans with websites or Twitter feeds dedicated to hating on either of them.  And if there is one out there, then whoever created it needs to get a farging life.

Cleveland should have known he was leaving at the start of the 09-10 season.  It was his last year and ownership still didn't get him any help.  So they had over a year to get ready for him to leave. 

As for DJack....going to a rival is completely different than LBJ going to Miami.  If he gave the Eagles say 5 great years and the birds didn't put quality players around him, then I wouldn't fault him for leaving at all.  Especially if he's taking less money to play on a superior team.   

So yeah....the writing was on the wall in Nov 2009 that LBJ was not going back to Cleveland.  If I knew that, and I'm a slightly more than casual fan of the NBA, then there's no reason that Cavs fans shouldn't have known it and been prepared. 

Sgt PSN

Sgt PSN

Very uncharacteristic 4th qtr meltdown by the Heatles. They've been suffocating in defense during the final 6 min of the 4th qtr in practically every game this postseason but they just blew a 15 pt lead in the final 6:20. Wow.

BigEd76

2 years after Minnesota drafted him, Ricky Rubio is finally coming over from greasy smelly Europe