The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

stumbled upon a great little nugget of info this morning which ill turn into a little trivia:

who is the only ap all-american to not get drafted by an nba team since the merger?

ice grillin you

shouldnt that be in the big 5 thread
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

you know it..scottie reynolds

ice grillin you

i actually heard it last year when it happened...it was referenced a couple times in the papers and/or on wip

Eagles_Legendz

nova misses scottie desperately.  i thought they'd actually be slightly better this year.  i was way wrong.

Sgt PSN

The Kings are likely moving to Anaheim. No way they can steal fans from the Lakers market.  Hell, even the Clippers are a better draw with Griffin  This has epic fail written all over it. 

DH

can that be true though? in 35 years hes the only one? thats on the same level of unbelievable to me as no one  from duke ever winning an nba title

MDS

Holy heat choke

Epic collapse tonight.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 03, 2011, 09:38:43 PM
The Kings are likely moving to Anaheim. No way they can steal fans from the Lakers market.  Hell, even the Clippers are a better draw with Griffin  This has epic fail written all over it. 

Are the Maloofs high?  Orange County cannot support an NBA franchise.   Move them back to Kansas City.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

hbionic

Orange county would be a perfect fit for any NBA team. Idiot clippers lost out. They not only would have had the Orange County (wealthy, elite) buying season tickets and taking their zesty kids to watch NBA games, they would have been out of the shadow of the Lakers and most important reason...they would have picked up the San Diego market. Only an hour, hour and a half drive north. You can take the train there.

Big time loss for the Clips, win for the Kings.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

Quote from: DH on March 03, 2011, 09:39:01 PM
can that be true though? in 35 years hes the only one? thats on the same level of unbelievable to me as no one  from duke ever winning an nba title

only five guys make it every year (i assuming the stat is for first team only)...its an elite club...combine that with the piss poor depth of the nba draft and i dont think its that suprising...theres a reason the league went to two rounds...there just isnt that many players out there so if you are good enough to make an all american team someone is taking a chance on you

SD

Quote from: hbionic on March 04, 2011, 03:26:59 AM
Orange county would be a perfect fit for any NBA team. Idiot clippers lost out. They not only would have had the Orange County (wealthy, elite) buying season tickets and taking their zesty kids to watch NBA games, they would have been out of the shadow of the Lakers and most important reason...they would have picked up the San Diego market. Only an hour, hour and a half drive north. You can take the train there.

People in San Diego root for the Lakers. They're fairweather bandwagon fans. Even if they got a team they'd root for the Lakers.

Eagles_Legendz

I still believe Reynolds would have been drafted if he finished the season well.  Tanking down the stretch and in the tourney last year doomed him.  He would have only been a mid-late second round pick anyway, but he completely went off everyone's boards because of that.

DH

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 04, 2011, 07:16:24 AM
Quote from: DH on March 03, 2011, 09:39:01 PM
can that be true though? in 35 years hes the only one? thats on the same level of unbelievable to me as no one  from duke ever winning an nba title

only five guys make it every year (i assuming the stat is for first team only)...its an elite club...combine that with the piss poor depth of the nba draft and i dont think its that suprising...theres a reason the league went to two rounds...there just isnt that many players out there so if you are good enough to make an all american team someone is taking a chance on you

thats about 175 guys..its amazes me because i would have thought that a guy from a smaller school would have padded insane numbers making him an aa, but not an nba product. kinda like that wr from purdue a few years ago whose name i cant remember - the guy set records acorss the board and never got a sniff from the nfl.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: hbionic on March 04, 2011, 03:26:59 AM

Pretty sure the reason the Clips moved from San Diego to LA was to get out of the San Diego market.