The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Can't deal with listening to Mikey Miss argue that Melo is better than Howard because "what has Howard won?".  That has to be one of the worst arguments that I've ever heard.  Seriously.

Sgt PSN

NASCAR is almost impossible to watch on tv.  I don't say that because I don't like it, I say that because television doesn't do racing any justice.  Unless they go to a stationary camera mounted on the wall, you don't get an appreciation for just how fast those cars are really going.  Most of the time, it looks like they're going 40 mph.  TV slows everything down, but there's enough movement and action going on in football and basketball to still enjoy what you're seeing.  Even baseball is sometimes hard to watch on tv (and I farging love baseball) because there's very little movement or action happening.  And even when the ball is in play, you've still only got a couple of players who are moving at the same time, and only 1 of them is being shown on tv.   

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on February 22, 2011, 02:59:54 PM
Can't deal with listening to Mikey Miss argue that Melo is better than Howard because "what has Howard won?".  That has to be one of the worst arguments that I've ever heard.  Seriously.

Especially when you consider that Melo hasn't won anything either.  Hell, at least Howard has a Finals appearance under his belt.  Can't say the same for Melo. 

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 22, 2011, 03:06:37 PM
Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on February 22, 2011, 02:59:54 PM

Especially when you consider that Melo hasn't won anything either.  Hell, at least Howard has a Finals appearance under his belt.  Can't say the same for Melo. 

That's my point.  Howard has done FAR more in the playoffs in Melo.  They are both great players, but to argue that the reason Melo is better than Howard is because Howard hasn't won anything is imbecilic.

Sgt PSN

I'll take Howard's defense in a 7 game series over Melo's offense every time.

I got a feeling the Knicks just turned into the 2000-05(ish) Mavericks.....win a ton of games in the regular season and struggle in the playoffs.   

DH

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 22, 2011, 03:13:56 PM
I'll take Howard's defense in a 7 game series over Melo's offense every time.

this X a million...

i wont call melo (or players like him) a dime a dozen, because i dont 100% believe thats the case, but getting a guy (or developing one) who will drop 25 while playing no defense is much easier than getting a guy like howard who will beast it in the post, block shots, grab boards on both sides of the floor, all while scoring 22 plus per night.

there's no debate in the howard vs. melo argument

phattymatty

deron williams about to be a net.

the east is back yo.

DH

d-will for devin harris, favors and 2 1sts...thats a lot to give

ice grillin you

assuming they will be extending him this is great news as it takes him off the 2012 market for the knicks....now if someone else can trade for and sign paul
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 23, 2011, 11:14:37 AM
if someone else can trade for and sign paul

id guess this time next year, paul is a knick..theyve become the new yankees

Hawk

assuming they will be extending him this is great news as it takes him off the 2012 market for the knicks....now if someone else can trade for and sign paul

Don't bet on it.  The new CBA is going to be structured so much differently that it will be next to impossible to sign three max players.  Knicks fans are assuming that they will sign either Deron/Paul.

DH

Quote from: Hawk on February 23, 2011, 11:20:21 AM

Don't bet on it.  The new CBA is going to be structured so much differently that it will be next to impossible to sign three max players.  Knicks fans are assuming that they will sign either Deron/Paul.

you, nor anyone else, have no idea how the new cba will play out.

my very educated guess is that the knicks will have all capabilities to trade for and/or sign cp3 before the 2012-13 season begins..

PoopyfaceMcGee

You're probably right, because Amare and Carmelo would restructure to fit him in. All three of the guys in Miami took slightly less than max deals to make that thing happen, so the same type of situation could present itself here.

Hawk

Quote from: DH on February 23, 2011, 11:28:20 AM
Quote from: Hawk on February 23, 2011, 11:20:21 AM

you, nor anyone else, have no idea how the new cba will play out.

my very educated guess is that the knicks will have all capabilities to trade for and/or sign cp3 before the 2012-13 season begins..

The writing is on the wall.  The owners want shorter contracts/less guaranteed money and a hard cap.  On top of it the owners of small market teams are tired of their big name players bolting, so they may even institute a franchise tag.  Owners are claiming to have lost 1 billion dollars since the last CBA in 05/06 and have a pretty big bargaining chip in the ownership of the New Orlean Hornets to ensure that they'll get a good deal of their demands.  If and when they get their demands, it will be impossible to bring in a Chris Paul unless he agrees to play for nothing.

DH

writing on the wall, may do this, may do that. if this and if that. you speak in a lot of maybes.

$20 cp3 is a knick by next years trade deadline?