The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

omg, I hated that 90s Knicks team. Oakley, Starks (I wanted to punch his goofy face on the "Nobody Beats the Wiz" commercials that aired nonstop in NY...he couldn't even speak like a human), Ewing, Mason....ughhhh. Such a disgusting, dirty, hateful group of players on that roster. I loathed them living there.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

DH

there is absolutely nothing good about the knicks becoming either relevant or good again for anyone other than the rich white folks who will now buy back their season tickets they gave up after ewing missed that finger roll against the pacers.

igy hit it on the head with that boston game they played earlier this year. not only was the media hype at an unreal level for a game which meant nothing between one good team and one bad one, those tickets were being sold for upwards of 10K a pop - to watch LANDRY FIELDS AND TIMOFEY MOSGOV.

PhillyPhreak54

I like when the Knicks, Celtics and Sixers are all good at the same time.

The forced Boston-NY rivalry earlier was sickening, but unsurprising because that is what ESPN does.

I can't wait for the 17 Yanks-Sox games this year

MDS

Quote from: DH on February 22, 2011, 09:48:53 AM
there is absolutely nothing good about the knicks becoming either relevant or good again for anyone other than the rich white folks who will now buy back their season tickets they gave up after ewing missed that finger roll against the pacers.

igy hit it on the head with that boston game they played earlier this year. not only was the media hype at an unreal level for a game which meant nothing between one good team and one bad one, those tickets were being sold for upwards of 10K a pop - to watch LANDRY FIELDS AND TIMOFEY MOSGOV.

its good if you care about nba tv ratings and outside involvement in sports

like now expect letterman to make a bunch of jokes about the knicks and what not....they exist again. 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Quote from: PhillyGirl on February 22, 2011, 09:47:23 AMomg, I hated that 90s Knicks team. Oakley, Starks, Ewing, Mason....ughhhh.

but they were great in NBA Jam

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 22, 2011, 10:31:35 AM

pretty sure this has never happened in your lifetime

this is what i mean tho...if you hear the media say something enough times you start to believe it

knicks are under .500 all time
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

speaking of lifetimes under .500, only eduardo najera has a worse playoff winning percentage than the newest member of your new york knicks..

Eagles_Legendz

BigEd76

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 22, 2011, 10:59:29 AM

All 3 were in the playoffs in '91

phattymatty

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 22, 2011, 11:18:18 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 22, 2011, 10:59:29 AM

All 3 were in the playoffs in '91

we are talking good for several years....as in fighting each other for the east and making rivalries...making the playoffs in the nba doesnt mean your good and all three making the playoffs in one year doesnt mean shtein for the league in a big picture way

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

kindly see your way out of the sports threads hipster

DH

whats really funny is knicks fans still reference the 90s as the decade that could have been had it not been for jordan, yet when he took his two years off, they still didnt win.

Rome

Caring less about the NBA would be an excellent start for some of you.