The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

the dude on sacramento's bench that runs out on the court predicting the shot going in makes that video 5x's better

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Lakers are going to suck in 2011?

PoopyfaceMcGee

BigEd76

Griffin and igy's boy Brandon Jennings will be in the dunk contest next month.  So are Serge Ibaka and JaVale McGee, but nobody cares

ice grillin you

i cant believe milwaukee is letting jennings go in this thing just coming off an injury
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

http://joeposnanski.si.com/2011/01/05/a-basketball-carol-2/

dynamite story from joe pos on the dude behind the washington generals. A+++++++
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

DH

3 team deal could happen in the next 48 hours and would be the biggest deal in NBA history...

Detroit/Denver/New Jersey

Nets get Melo, Rip, Chauncey, Sheldon Williams and Anthony Carter
Denver gets Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, Anthony Morrow, Stephen Graham, Quinton Ross, Ben Uzoh and 2 1st rounders (from NJ)
Detroit gets Troy Murphy, Johan Petro

Denver them trades Harris to Portland for Camby and Ander Miller

Sgt PSN

That trade would make the Nets instantly legit.  Melo, Rip and Chauncey?  That's a pretty nice trio. 

DH

it would immediately make them the 4th best team in the east behind miami, orl and boston. i think it puts em right on par with atl...

even with them being behind the 8 ball, if the deal gets done, they could make some noise in the playoffs.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 10, 2011, 10:43:02 AM
That trade would make the Nets instantly legit.  Melo, Rip and Chauncey?  That's a pretty nice trio. 

rip is done and chauncey is getting there

it makes them better but in no way would they be legit

DH

4th in the east = like 7th or 8th in the west, so "legit" is relative to conference. literally.

ice grillin you

when i hear legit i think could at least win their conference...and even with this deal i dont think the nets can win the east

BigEd76

Billups said he wants to be bought out if he's traded to NJ

reese125

Quoteit would immediately make them the 4th best team in the east behind miami, orl and boston. i think it puts em right on par with atl...

even with them being behind the 8 ball, if the deal gets done, they could make some noise in the playoffs.

Man I disagree with that

They still wont match up with Chicago and New York as well. There are no mismatches anymore with Billups and Hamilton on the court. So you bring in Melo--who already has played with Billups and has done nothing with an all around better Nuggets roster, and you add in 35 yr old Hamilton. I dont think Rip would've been the missing link to the Nuggets chances of going anywhere, so I dont see it happening with the Nets with less of a roster.

The Nets are banking on getting Chris Paul for the 2012 season with this move and put people in the seats.

DH

providing chauncey were to play for the nets, i think you can make a case for the nets 5+1 being stronger than chicagos

Rip
Chauncey
Melo
Outlaw
Lopez
6:Farmer

Rose
Gibson
Noah
Deng
Boozer
6: Brewer