The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

For those on the "should've taken Cousins instead of Turner" bandwagon:

QuoteWord is that handling rookie forward DeMarcus Cousins is proving to be an even bigger job for coach Paul Westphal and his staff than expected, even after the Kings hired Cousins' high school coach (Otis Hughley) in hopes of keeping the 20-year-old -- freshly relegated to a bench role -- plugged in. One source close to the situation told ESPN.com that Cousins was fined recently for clashing with members of Westphal's staff. I've also been advised that it's not one-and-done as far as such clashes go, which has created a level of tension that -- anticipated or not -- obviously isn't what the Kings need when they're already operating at such an experience deficit on top of their serious defensive frailties. No one doubts the potential possessed by the Kings' precocious tag team of Cousins and Tyreke Evans. But as one veteran scout warned me during summer league in Las Vegas, when tales and hints of Cousins' volatility and immaturity spread quickly: 'It's always risky to have two young divas on the same team.' Didn't take long for the Kings to find out.

MDS

oh my god an immature young black millionaire

lets hate
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Kevin Love dropped a 30-30 tonight.  :o

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Hasn't been done since Moses Malone rocked 38/32 in 1982.

Sgt PSN

Apparently Chris Bosh's new nickname is Avatar.

PhillyPhreak54

Nice little juicy story coming out of San Antonio

Eva Longoria and Tony Parker getting divorced because she found texts on his phone from the wife of Brent Barry.

Rome

faggy movie shtein and gossip... the nba... it's FANtastic!.

Diomedes

yeah, it's so different than Brett Favre or Ben Roethlisberger gossip.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

BigEd76

Greg Oden is done for the year again.  Another knee surgery

SD

Quote from: BigEd76 on November 18, 2010, 12:03:24 AM
Greg Oden is done for the year again.  Another knee surgery

Microfracture surgery on a different knee.

I'd make a play for him. Why not? Maybe the Blazers take Iggy and a lottery protected pick. At worst you have a guy with a huge upside.

reese125

Is that last line sarcasm? I know it's early and I'm still half asleep, but I'm pretty sure that last line says the Sixers could get a guy with a lot of upside in Oden.

ice grillin you

gotta be sarcasm because not only does he have zero upside but he will probably never play again

hope he purchased a phat insurance policy

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

I'd take a chance on him for a guy like Igoudala. He's only 22, so there's still plenty of upside if he can come back from surgery - which people do.

ice grillin you

there more of a chance hes older than jose contreas than there is of him actually being 22

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous