The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

last couple months when the sixers didnt conflict ive been watching okc because they are just about the most watchable team in the nba and while durant gets all the media run i am beyond impressed with russell westbrook...hes the most impressive pt guard ive seen in a long time...if he isnt already hes going to be better than rondo and paul and if jeru can be one half as good as this guy the sixers should blow themselves because the guy is awesome and a perfect lead guard
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

bill simmons article--long as usual, but a ton of valid points summarizing teams/owners tanking seasons, screwed season ticket holders, flawed pay system for players, and stern f-ing over the fans overall

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100224

Sgt PSN

i remember in the 80's/early 90's when the nba was at it's peek that everyone was talking about how great of a commish stern was and how he took the nba around the world.  i think it's safe to say that stern seriously benefited from having the single greatest core of players on the floor at the same time.  bird, magic, mj, dr j, kareem, ewing, barkley, stockton, malone, pippen, hakeem, clyde, isaiah, robinson, etc, etc. 

listening to stern talk about the nba is like listening to any high profile ceo talk about their company.  it's got that same bland, corporate, heartless tone to it.  kind of like when spads talks about the eagles.  and in either case, the product they're trying to sell doesn't nearly live up to the hype they're spinning. 

reese125

of course he benefited in that decade, but the whole thing is revolving sarge. he could easily benefit now with a plethora of stars in today's game, but he chooses otherwise and has a system in place that screws the mid-to lower tier teams beyond belief. stern is merely a puppet who is just a voice with no beneficial initiative

I mean these names are no flash in the plan since then....nash, kobe, wade, lebron, iverson, duncan, shaq, garnett, mcgrady, kidd

Rome

Quote from: reese125 on February 19, 2010, 11:05:39 PM
this on-going conspiracy theory that mds holds onto with sport commissioners is just wow

Quote from: reese125 on March 01, 2010, 01:52:10 PM
of course he benefited in that decade, but the whole thing is revolving sarge. he could easily benefit now with a plethora of stars in today's game, but he chooses otherwise and has a system in place that screws the mid-to lower tier teams beyond belief. stern is merely a puppet who is just a voice with no beneficial initiative

I mean these names are no flash in the plan since then....nash, kobe, wade, lebron, iverson, duncan, shaq, garnett, mcgrady, kidd

lol

reese125

no slick--MDS's conspiracy theory is that stern will decide for a player and that team where he will go as a free agent

fantastic try though

MDS

no, idiot

when you have as colossal a decision was lebron as a FA you just dont sit back and watch the dominoes fall. hes not gonna decide for lebron but hes damn sure gonna pull some strings.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

reese125

yep... pull some strings...get back to the obituaries jackass

Rome

lol times two.

he has a system in place that screws mid and lower level teams but there's no conspiracy involved in that?

i see.

reese125

the addition of expansion teams, extemely long salary deals, allowing teams to salary dump, etc.

jesus christ read the article rome...youre conspiratorial by nature so its no wonder you and soy sauce share the same sentiments

Rome

no need. 

all i do is read your opinion and then take the complete opposite as fact.

MDS

Quote from: reese125 on March 01, 2010, 03:04:35 PM

old man reese seems to forget the frozen lotto card/folded corner, jordan getting suspended for gambling, mr. dick bavetta, game 6 of the 2002 wc finals. OLD MAN REESE.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

reese125

Quote from: Rome on March 01, 2010, 05:55:48 PM
no need. 

sheeeet....when youre in here pay attention my friend

matter of fact...why are you talking about basketball again?

reese125

Quote from: KDS on March 01, 2010, 05:57:40 PM
Quote from: reese125 on March 01, 2010, 03:04:35 PM

old man reese seems to forget the frozen lotto card/folded corner, jordan getting suspended for gambling, mr. dick bavetta, game 6 of the 2002 wc finals. OLD MAN REESE.

christ....you were still sleeping with your beenie baby when that shtein happened.

Rome

Quote from: reese125 on March 01, 2010, 06:21:34 PM
Quote from: Rome on March 01, 2010, 05:55:48 PM
no need. 

sheeeet....when youre in here pay attention my friend

matter of fact...why are you talking about basketball again?

good point.

why i or anyone else here replies to your posts is beyond me.