The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 19, 2010, 12:09:10 PM
Quote from: KDS on February 19, 2010, 11:57:25 AM
you cant put a number on how the tv ratings will improve should be it be lebron the knicks vs. kobe and the lakers the finals as opposed to lebron and the cavs.

and i know you people claim to hate that shtein but tv ratings and the revenue it generates drives decisions and essentially makes the sport. why do you think the nfl has a bigger warchest of $ than the thickness of my shaft? come on.

david stern isnt passing up a chance to have the biggest superstar in the game and one of the biggest in sports play in the top market. and lebron isnt an idiot, he wants to be the king.

spurs won the lottery for tim duncan over the celtics

whenever they made the lotto a % based thing it took away sterns chance to fix it. i believe in the years of the frozen/folded envelope all 8-10 non playoff team had an equal chance to get each picks. it was a random drawing.

and @ sassy it doesnt matter why the nfl is king. they are king and they have that $ because of tv. whens the last time they had a steady string of unmarketable teams do well? when have only arizona, tampa, carolina, buffalo, cleveland, kansas city, etc. been the top teams without any dallas, ny, pit, gb, manning/favre esque qb thrown in? never. because they know what they're doing.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: KDS on February 19, 2010, 12:34:51 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 19, 2010, 12:09:10 PM
Quote from: KDS on February 19, 2010, 11:57:25 AM
you cant put a number on how the tv ratings will improve should be it be lebron the knicks vs. kobe and the lakers the finals as opposed to lebron and the cavs.

and i know you people claim to hate that shtein but tv ratings and the revenue it generates drives decisions and essentially makes the sport. why do you think the nfl has a bigger warchest of $ than the thickness of my shaft? come on.

david stern isnt passing up a chance to have the biggest superstar in the game and one of the biggest in sports play in the top market. and lebron isnt an idiot, he wants to be the king.

spurs won the lottery for tim duncan over the celtics

whenever they made the lotto a % based thing it took away sterns chance to fix it. i believe in the years of the frozen/folded envelope all 8-10 non playoff team had an equal chance to get each picks. it was a random drawing.

so stern can rig lebron to new york via free agency but he cant rig a lottery to get duncan to boston...why would he do one and not the other...the answer is he cant...if lebron goes to the knicks it will be because thats what lebrons deems best for lebron
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 19, 2010, 01:09:37 PM
if lebron goes to the knicks it will be because thats what Maverick Carter deems best for lebron

MDS

stern can needle and influence and urge. farg theres no doubt he straight up told the knicks what they had to do clear space to get lebron or dwade or kobe.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: KDS on February 19, 2010, 04:36:18 PM
farg theres no doubt he straight up told the knicks what they had to do clear space to get lebron or dwade or kobe.

lol

like the knicks havent been working on this for three years

reese125

this on-going conspiracy theory that mds holds onto with sport commissioners is just wow

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 19, 2010, 06:28:53 PM
Quote from: KDS on February 19, 2010, 04:36:18 PM
farg theres no doubt he straight up told the knicks what they had to do clear space to get lebron or dwade or kobe.

lol

like the knicks havent been working on this for three years

they have cause stern told them thats the way its gonna be. he wasnt gonna have his top franchise peddle in obscurity for another decade by throwing max contracts at ben gordon and josh smith

reese125

Kevin Durant is ridiculous

11 more games he'll be at 40 games in a row of 25+ points -- which ties Jordan's record he set back in 86-87

ice grillin you

BigEd76

in non-trivial NBA stuff, Kobe is ridiculous with these game winners

shorebird

Alright now, it's like he can't miss.

Sgt PSN

kobe is simply ridiculous. dude is just unreal. 

BigEd76

former All-Star Alvin Robertson was arrested for kidnapping a 14-yr old San Antonio girl and whoring her out.  Todd, get on this

MDS

im 4 hours of south of SA. we only cover stuff in the valley. but there are deadly gangs shootouts 30 seconds away in matamoros and our papers have been on that