The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Everyone agrees with you on that IGY. You're the only idiot that thinks it is race related.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: Munson on November 03, 2009, 02:18:24 PM
Yes, the NBA and industries that employ mostly black people are the only ones that have both age restrictions and require some college expierience.

And lol at minor league baseball players getting "caked off". A 19 year old NBA player who gets drafted out of college will make more in his first season then any minor leaguer who never makes the bigs will make in his career.

as usual you are a young stupid farg...nba does not require college...it requires you to be 19 or a year outside high school

and what the hell does a minor league baseball player have to do with this...a-rod played in the majors at 18...you know why?

because he was allowed to

now go away and let the big boys talk
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 03, 2009, 02:20:01 PM
Quote from: MDS on November 03, 2009, 02:17:45 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 03, 2009, 02:11:38 PM
Quote from: MDS on November 03, 2009, 02:03:58 PM
stop it moron

not everything is about race

no just this is

its also about things like laws

but laws dont matter when young black kids wanna cake off

you can make up any requirements from whatever jobs you want. lets say im starting a company and want to hire people, but wont even listen to anyone who isnt 20 years old. is that unconstitutional? cant every job set whatever parameters they want?

you cannot discriminate against age whether it be old age or young....can you not read...there are actual laws for this that cover people 18 or older

football is a special case because of serious health concerns due to the violent nature of the sport

you should be able to discriminate because of everything. who cares. if i dont hire black people then hopefully the entire world will boycott my store and ill go out of business. and people will kill me. but i should be able to.

but thats not the point. its a stupid rule, good for b jennings. we know this. now send me my $ and lets move on.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 03, 2009, 02:23:30 PM
Quote from: Munson on November 03, 2009, 02:18:24 PM
Yes, the NBA and industries that employ mostly black people are the only ones that have both age restrictions and require some college expierience.

And lol at minor league baseball players getting "caked off". A 19 year old NBA player who gets drafted out of college will make more in his first season then any minor leaguer who never makes the bigs will make in his career.

as usual you are a young stupid farg...nba does not require college...it requires you to be 19 or a year outside high school

and what the hell does a minor league baseball player have to do with this...a-rod played in the majors at 18...you know why?

because he was allowed to

now go away and let the big boys talk

Okay, instead of saying "and" I should have said "And/or". It's the same thing.

Yeah, ARod played at 18. Must be because he's white. Most everybody who gets drafted/signed out of high school by a major league team does not play in the bigs at 18. And the majority of those guys toil in the minor leagues for their entire careers. And those guys don't come close to the few mil that an 19 year old NBA rookie would make in his first year alone. You ask what minor league/college baseball players have to do with anything? I don't know, you tell me, you're the one that posted a picture of them in your weak ass attempt to say the blackest professional sport in the US is racist towards black people because they don't want kids coming right out of high school.

No one is saying the age requirement is a good rule, it either needs to be gone completely or come with required college/2 years/etc....But you are a complete idiot for trying to make a race issue out of it and everyone knows it.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on November 03, 2009, 02:29:00 PM
now send me my $ and lets move on.

you need to find homer and ask for your money...hes the one that blew it

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 03, 2009, 01:44:07 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 03, 2009, 12:17:00 PM
this whole "unconstitutional" argument is total bull. 

not really...in fact most states have laws saying that if youre 18 or older you cannot be discrminated against when it comes to employment

really?  then why is it that many states require you to be at least 21 in order to be a cop or bartender?  why does a person have to be 25 to run for the house of reps or 30 to run for the senate?  you have to be 35 to run for president.  that's unconstitutional i say!  i want a 21 year old running the country and doing keg stands in the oval office.  that's so racist. 

the adea was established to prevent discrimination of people over the age of 40.  you know, the ones who were getting pink slipped to make room for a college grad willing to work for half the pay and even less benefits. 

ice grillin you

different occupations have different requirements for different reasons...these reasons must be validated and as far as the nba goes there is no valid reason to not allow an 18 year old to try and make the league if he wishes

to be a bio chemist you probably have to have a degree in bio chemistry

to be a lawyer im pretty sure you have to have a law degree

none of this has anything to do with being an nba player or say a stockboy at walmart

reese125

while youre making another attempt to bring race into the picture, why dont you try and look at this a better business decision and product for the nba?

some of those guys (yes Kobe, Garnett, Howard) that came into the nba -with the exception of James who is a once in a lifetime-- took a couple years to development and affected the quality of basketball. Why give a guy a 3 year contract right out of high school who is raw as hell, very turnover prone and needs to be babysat off the court?

a little more maturity and improved skills on the court-- playing overseas and in a big div 1 school can only benefit on and off the court for a tarnished image the nba has produced over the years

ice grillin you

the league is the best its been in forever and this is after 15 years of high school kids coming out early...so dont give me that better business decision crap...

as far as im concered letting any and all come out more quickly weeds out the frauds from the real players...one year in college doesnt make an nba player...you either are good enough or youre not

thats not to say that there isnt a guy or three out there that is helped by college but that should be up to the individual person to decide what he wants to do...not for the league...its completely un-american...then again to a lot of rich white guys young black kids making millions is also un-american

Sgt PSN

the league is at the best it's been in quite some time but in reality, it still sucks.  there are more true superstars in the game right now than there have been since bird/magic/jordan/etc, but the drop off in talent from the superstars to the 2nd tier players is rediculous.  the 2nd tier guys in the league today are garbage compared to the 80's and early/mid 90's.  basic fundamentals are lacking, mid range jumpers are a lost art and team defense a foreign concept.  other than a lakers/cavs or celtics/nuggets game, the nba is painful to watch. 

basically, the overall product on the court today is still largely inferior compared to 20 years ago.  that's why the nba should be able to set an age limit.  not to mention that most of these knuckleheads coming out of highschool don't even know how to act when they're broke, let alone when you drop 50mil in their pockets. 

phattymatty

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 03, 2009, 08:36:23 PM
but the drop off in talent from the superstars to the 2nd tier players is rediculous.  the 2nd tier guys in the league today are garbage compared to the 80's and early/mid 90's.  basic fundamentals are lacking, mid range jumpers are a lost art and team defense a foreign concept.  other than a lakers/cavs or celtics/nuggets game, the nba is painful to watch. 

false. 

Sgt PSN

do i just have the unfortunate luck of just randomly tuning into horrible games?  because unless it's a match up of the top 4 or 5 teams in the league, it really seems like anytime i watch a random nba game, i just see rediculously bad, boring basketball. 

ice grillin you

you just dont like the nba or basketball in general....because if you did theres no way you could say the nba sucks right now

now if you were saying college sucks that would be another story...because while i dont think it sucks college is curently at an all time low

Sgt PSN

i has nothing to do with liking or not liking the "nba" as i'm not loyal to any brand of basketball.  it just has everything to do with liking good basketball.  i don't watch 50 games during the season these days, probably about 15 along with the few sixer games i'm able to catch on tv, so admittedly, i don't see a lot of the nba....especially compared to the amount of the nba i watched in the 80's and 90's.  but but it really seems like every game i decide to turn on just ends up being horrible unless i'm watching one of the top few teams in the league. 

reese125

bottom line is this....#1-- why everyone is trying to bring back the 80's and 90's of nba basketball like it was this amazing fundamentally sound game where every player rotated the ball on offense, hustled beyond belief on defense and always played the game the way it was "supposed to be played" is delusional

people are so caught up with the glory days of jordan, bird, magic, erving, etc because thats the only players they can remember 20 years ago and they were superstars....but seriously go back and watch those NBA games and you will see the biggest ball hogs of your life, shot after shot going in where a normal final score is 130-125 and PLENTY of lackluster defense.

#2--you will not like the nba and "think" its at an all-time low, its boring, horrible, nobody plays defense, young black kids players making more money than ever if you dont appreciate the overall game itself and everything that comes with it...and by that I mean pick and rolls, different plays ran, players moving without the ball, dribble and drives, spin moves, blocked shots, fast court breaks, dunks...everything. it wil also help if you actually play/played the game

its no different than the NFL. I appreciate everything about the game of football which makes me like any and all NFL football games...if youre the same with the NBA there are no tiers, horrible, boring basketball games.