The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 01, 2008, 08:54:15 AM
davis would be a huge mistake...he crippled and only getting older

brand i heard is staying with the clippers even tho he opted out...he wants to stay in la because of his movie producing career

you've been saying he's crippled the past 2 years and he played all 82 games last year and put up outrageous numbers (22pts, 8assists, 5 boards-something like that). I mean, eventually you'll get the crippled thing right one of these years when he's 34+ years old

QuotePosted by: SD_Eagle

Miller is gone after this season, leaving you with Lou Williams. Davis is a better player and 4 years younger.

No question. Davis' penetration in the lane is sick and he is a fantastic finisher--the assists speak for themselves. Im not saying the guy is all-world, but I would scoop him up.

I said this before--the guy they need is Magette if they are going to pick somebody up because I dont see Brand leaving as well. Magette fits in perfectly with this team, and brings a much needed offensive threat

PhillyPhreak54

Die Hard said oodles.

FAIL!

PoopyfaceMcGee

PoopyfaceMcGee

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 01, 2008, 08:39:12 PM
Baron Davis to the Clippers

BooooooOOOO!

I didn't think there was a chance of hell he was going to the Knicks...he's a West Coaster.

ice grillin you

Quote from: reese125 on July 01, 2008, 03:59:15 PM

brand i heard is staying with the clippers even tho he opted out...he wants to stay in la because of his movie producing career

you've been saying he's crippled the past 2 years and he played all 82 games last year and put up outrageous numbers (22pts, 8assists, 5 boards-something like that). I mean, eventually you'll get the crippled thing right one of these years when he's 34+ years old

Miller is gone after this season, leaving you with Lou Williams. Davis is a better player and 4 years younger.

No question. Davis' penetration in the lane is sick and he is a fantastic finisher--the assists speak for themselves. Im not saying the guy is all-world, but I would scoop him up.

I said this before--the guy they need is Magette if they are going to pick somebody up because I dont see Brand leaving as well. Magette fits in perfectly with this team, and brings a much needed offensive threat

it doesnt matter how many games hes played...he plays crippled...he doesnt have the explosion he did five years ago...he gets 20 pts a game on 20 shots (for comparisons sake andre miller got 17 pts on seven less shots and shot 50% to davis' 42)...thats not the kind of pg they need and they definitely dont need another perimeter scorer...hes the kind of player whose stat line will sometimes jump at people who dont really know the game and see 20 ppg and be like yeah hes the greatest...but hes not the kind of player that will elevate a team to another level...plus hell be 30 going on 35 next year and when he completely breaks down its going to happen quick...it would have been a disaster for the sixers to give him that much money...this was a classic clipper move getting a name and number guy but not someone who will make their team better...they will be the same old clippers next year...lots of talent and flash but not a whole lot of playoff wins
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 02, 2008, 10:50:09 AM
Quote from: reese125 on July 01, 2008, 03:59:15 PM

it doesnt matter how many games hes played...he plays crippled...he doesnt have the explosion he did five years ago...he gets 20 pts a game on 20 shots (for comparisons sake andre miller got 17 pts on seven less shots and shot 50% to davis' 42)...thats not the kind of pg they need and they definitely dont need another perimeter scorer...hes the kind of player whose stat line will sometimes jump at people who dont really know the game and see 20 ppg and be like yeah hes the greatest...but hes not the kind of player that will elevate a team to another level...plus hell be 30 going on 35 next year and when he completely breaks down its going to happen quick...it would have been a disaster for the sixers to give him that much money...this was a classic clipper move getting a name and number guy but not someone who will make their team better...they will be the same old clippers next year...lots of talent and flash but not a whole lot of playoff wins

IGY, what are you talking about? LOL...he doesnt hae the explosion 5 years ago.....no shtein. For arguments sake we'll do the cute thing comparing Miller to Davis because there was no way the Sixers were shooting for Davis anyway.

Davis' ability to penetrate the lane and finish completely overshadows that of Miller. Defenses are always on the guard when he has the ball and have to collapse when he drives because he can beat the first defender, and that leaves a slasher or outside shooter open. He does it very well. More often than not he wont even have to dish it out because he can finish strong. Miller cant do that and will most likely always throw it out to an any "ready to miss" jump shooter the Sixers have. The same problem the Sixers have had for years...no consistent shooters

The Clippers will be offensively better because you are going to see a somewhat Nash/Stoudamire roll with Davis/Brand off the pick and roll. Then C. Kaman on the cleanup as well. The only problem they have is Maggette leaving now and giving up the 20pts/game, so yes they will be in the same boat unless they find more pieces

Feva

Quote from: Die-Hard on July 01, 2008, 01:51:24 PM
I enjoy watching them overspend mainly because it pacifies the idiotic Knick fan (sorry Ronnie), yet still fosters the same results year after year. One day they'll learn that spending oodles of money doesnt always translate to success.

"Knicks Fans - Where the NBA's punchline happens"

Cut. So. Deep.  So deep.
:'(
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

reese125

According to a league source, the Warriors have offered free agent Elton Brand a five-year deal worth between $85 and $90 million.

The Warriors can now offer Brand more money than the Clippers, but we'd be surprised if Brand goes anywhere. Part of the reason that Baron Davis left the Warriors was supposedly so that he could go play with Brand in L.A. It would be surprising to see Brand go to Golden State, but anything is possible considering they can pay him close to $20 million more than the Clippers.

Still wondering I am not seeing a single offer from the Sixers here but that's typical.

That would be hysterical if B. Davis rolls from the Warriors to play with Brand and Brands jets for more money from the Warriors. The NBA is priceless

BigEd76

The Sonics are done in Seattle, but as part of a $75M settlement, the name and colors will stay

BigEd76

Arenas re-signs....6/$111M (he didn't want the max amount of $127M  ::) )

Chris Paul gets a 4/$68M extension on his rookie deal

BigEd76

News for Rome: Pietrus (GS) verballed with Orlando

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Maggette to the Warriors (5/$50M)

bad night for Baron Davis (before the paycheck I mean)

reese125

Lakers Ronny Turiaf signed a four-year, $17 million offer sheet from the Warriors.

Bring out the shovels