The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

I hate Boston sports teams more and more every day.  L.A. can't even compare.

PhillyGirl

Live in LA for a while...that'll kickstart the hate.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

Work with a bunch of insufferable Boston fans for a while...

I actually got under some skin yesterday when I said that Dr. J was better than Bill Russell and Larry Bird combined.

ice grillin you

i hate the idea of la the city but in general i cant really hate their sports because their scene is a joke

boston on the other hand is all to real and sickening beyond belief...red sox fans alone are 1 billions times worse than all things having to do with la sports combined
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

you do realize that yet another chief rival of a philly team made a title series/game, and like the giants, they won it. this is just sickening. farg boston.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 18, 2008, 10:42:13 AM
i hate the idea of la the city but in general i cant really hate their sports because their scene is a joke

boston on the other hand is all to real and sickening beyond belief...red sox fans alone are 1 billions times worse than all things having to do with la sports combined

Again, live in LA for a while...LIVE their "sports scene" and the incessant horseshtein they talk when they know NOTHING and are the epitome of bandwagon fans.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

I hate Boston so much at this point that I think I'd root against the Red Sox in the World Series if they played anyone but the Mets.  Jury's out on the Marlins or Braves, but it would be a close call.

BigEd76

Feva

That's gonna make some kid living in a 3rd world country the talk of his village.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyGirl on June 18, 2008, 11:02:19 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on June 18, 2008, 10:42:13 AM

Again, live in LA for a while...LIVE their "sports scene" and the incessant horseshtein they talk when they know NOTHING and are the epitome of bandwagon fans.

I have to agree with this, their bandwagon is the worst I've seen. It spread down to SD which made it that much more intolerable. Their fans were nowhere to be found the last couple of seasons when they were just mediocre. What's worse is if you're from California you're somehow magically allowed to root for the Lakers and not be called a bandwagon fan because they play in the same state. Didn't matter if you were from Sacremento or Golden State. I used to ask idiots in SD why they root for the team and they'd say 'we don't have a team and they're the closest'. I used to remind them that the Clippers once played in SD so that's where their loyalty should be.

ice grillin you

the only bandwagon thats ever really got to me is the red sox

in general bandwagon fans dont bother me
i just laugh in their faces and move on
la bandwagon couldnt possibly be worse than the caps this year
and dc teams in general (minus the skins)
and i dont hate or care about the dc sports scene at all
except the skins who is my most hated team in sports

yous lived there so you know more than me but i dont see la as bandwagon i see them as just not caring...i think the dodgers and lakers have lots of non bandwagon fans..what they have instead are fans that dont care either way what their teams do

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 18, 2008, 01:14:42 PM
the only bandwagon thats ever really got to me is the red sox

in general bandwagon fans dont bother me
i just laugh in their faces and move on
la bandwagon couldnt possibly be worse than the caps this year
and dc teams in general (minus the skins)
and i dont hate or care about the dc sports scene at all
except the skins who is my most hated team in sports

yous lived there so you know more than me but i dont see la as bandwagon i see them as just not caring...i think the dodgers and lakers have lots of non bandwagon fans..what they have instead are fans that dont care either way what their teams do

The Lakers bandwagon is nauseating because it's so large. You're talking about EVERYONE in California is suddenly a Lakers fan as soon as they're winning. And when I mean winning I mean in the Championship. There really isn't a Dodgers bandwagon. They actually have pretty good fans. I could really care less if somebody was born and raised in LA and roots for the Lakers, but people like my ex-roomate who is a Raiders fan from Vallejo (Bay area) and roots for them or even the idiots that come to California from other states are the ones I'm talking about.

Wingspan

I've never understood why anyone cares about other team's fans...at all, in any capacity.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

at least the lakers have lots of real fans even when they arent good...the caps went from basically zero fans to half the city...shtein before this year i knew more laker fans in dc than cap fans

ice grillin you

Quote from: Wingspan on June 18, 2008, 01:24:12 PM
I've never understood why anyone cares about other team's fans...at all, in any capacity.

yeah i feel you....rivalries and trash talk btwn fans has never been a part of sports