SD_Eagle5

speculative deal:
Garnett to the Lakers.
Andrew Bynum and Odom to Indiana.
Jermaine O'Neal to Boston.
Boston's #5 pick and Al Jefferson to Minnesota

The BIGSTUD

Boston pulled out of that deal.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Dillen

No farging kidding, they would be getting their asses ripped wide open. Al Jefferson and 5th pick for Jermaine O'Neal?

The BIGSTUD

I was really hoping they would acquire KG. It does 2 things. Makes them better in the short term, which gives us a higher draft pick for next season, since they are in our division, and gets rid of all of their young talent which would've helped them down the road.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Dillen

Jermaine O'Neal isn't better/won't be better than Al Jefferson and the 5th pick.

MDS

Garnett 4 team deal to Lake Show OUT
Garnett 3 team deal to Phoenix IN
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Dillen

New info:

ATL gets Amare Stoudemire
PHO gets Kevin Garnett
MIN gets picks 3 and 11 from ATL

So Minnesota would have three top 11 picks. Also, apparently Atlanta is "complacent with trading the 11th pick to Seattle for Luke Ridnour." Man, all of Ric Bucher's reports come true.

SunMo

i don't know i'd give up Stoudemire for Garnett straight up
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i cant hear luke ridnours name
without thinking of jay bilas saying
"luke ridnour couldnt guard the chair im sitting in"
over the speaker system in the arena

def was a top 20 espn talking head moment of the last 10 years
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

Quote from: SunMo on June 27, 2007, 01:39:28 PM
i don't know i'd give up Stoudemire for Garnett straight up

no way would i do that.  in KGs prime i would think about it but why do you trade a early-20s dude for an early 30s dude with similar numbers.  doesn't make sense.

Dillen

Quote from: phattymatty on June 27, 2007, 01:49:37 PM
no way would i do that.  in KGs prime i would think about it but why do you trade a early-20s dude for an early 30s dude with similar numbers.  doesn't make sense.
Nash is 33, they need to win now. KG plays defense, Amare doesn't. That's their reasoning, I'm assuming.

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 27, 2007, 01:43:32 PM
i cant hear luke ridnours name
without thinking of jay bilas saying
"luke ridnour couldnt guard the chair im sitting in"
over the speaker system in the arena

def was a top 20 espn talking head moment of the last 10 years
Bilas is pretty funny. Last year he said Adam Morrison couldn't guard a bank with a machine gun.

ice grillin you

but why do you trade a early-20s dude for an early 30s dude with similar numbers.

to win a championship...kg is easily a better all around player than amare and gives them a better chance to win a title...im guessing they think thats worth giving up amares future

remember too amare had that micro fracture injury...a very scary one that can end a players career in a moments notice...id be shocked if it didnt significantly shorten his career

ice grillin you

KG plays defense, Amare doesn't. That's their reasoning, I'm assuming.

not only defense but he passes the ball as well

amare one step dunks nash bounce passes and throws down nash alley oops...and not much else

Dillen

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 27, 2007, 01:58:08 PM
...id be shocked if it didnt significantly shorten his career
It will. He'll need it again in another 4 or 5 years with the way he plays, then have to go through another entire year of rehab. After that he'll be a shell of his former self and if he's not super athletic he's nothing.

phattymatty

can you imagine being a portland fan right now?  roy, aldredge, and oden/durant for possibly the next 10 years.