The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: SunMo on May 31, 2007, 04:07:56 PM
the Magic have offered Billy Donovan a 6 year 36 million dollar contract per ESPNews

CBS Sportsline is saying it's a "lock" that he accepts

If you're lying I'm beating the shtein out myself while I pretend I'm you.

SunMo

check cbssportsline.com romey

i'm not sure i would share your enthusiasm though, college coaches like him don't usually translate to the NBA
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

Quote from: SunMo on May 31, 2007, 04:19:30 PM
Jim O'Brien to coach the Pacers

The miserable S.O.B. is back!

SD_Eagle5

Former 76er Mark Iavaroni is the new coach of the Memphis Grizzlies Link

Rome

Quote from: SunMo on May 31, 2007, 04:25:52 PM
check cbssportsline.com romey

i'm not sure i would share your enthusiasm though, college coaches like him don't usually translate to the NBA

I saw it on ESPN.com.  I'm still hoping it's false so I can kick my own ass, though.   :yay

The BIGSTUD

Kobe wants to be traded again.

and I'm serious too.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

The BIGSTUD

Donovan officially accepts per ESPN.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Rome

The Magic are on track to get a new arena by the 2009-2010 season and getting a guy like Donovan practically guarantees that they'll sell out every game next year.  That's critically important in a small market like Orlando.

Still, six million a year for a guy who's never so much as coached as an assistant in the NBA is a big gamble even for a slick billionaire huckster like Rich DeVos.

The BIGSTUD

Fans draw to players, not coaches so much.

Rome

Quote from: King Cole on May 31, 2007, 07:44:30 PM
Fans draw to players, not coaches so much.

I would tend to agree with that in almost any other situation.  You guys have no clue how rabidly loyal southerners are to their schools and that sort of fanatical dedication carries over when players and coaches go to the pro's.

When Spurrier became the head coach in Washington I know of many Gator supporters who went with him.  When a ex-Gator (Fred Taylor) scores a touchdown for the Jaguars, you'll get just as many alligator "chops" and Florida cheers as you will Jaguars cheers.

It's more than a little freaky.

Geowhizzer

The sooner U of Florida sinks back into the depths of basketball mediocrity, the better, I say.

:yay

BigEd76

Check out the Cavaliers' scoring from 2 minutes left in regulation:

2:16   LeBron James makes 26-foot three point jumper
0:31   LeBron James makes driving dunk
0:09   LeBron James makes driving dunk

1st OT
4:47   LeBron James makes free throw 1 of 2
4:47   LeBron James makes free throw 2 of 2
3:31   LeBron James makes dunk (Zydrunas Ilgauskas assists)
2:54   LeBron James makes free throw 1 of 2
1:16   LeBron James makes free throw 1 of 2
1:16   LeBron James makes free throw 2 of 2
0:33   LeBron James makes 20-foot jumper

2nd OT
4:31   LeBron James makes 19-foot two point shot
1:51   LeBron James makes 19-foot jumper
1:14   LeBron James makes 25-foot three point jumper
0:02   LeBron James makes driving layup

He scored Cleveland's last 25 points of the game to give them the win and the 3-2 series lead.  They've never been to the Finals in their franchise history.

phattymatty

i've watched a lot of nba in my life, but lebron in OT was the best i've ever seen in my life.  seriously, i was telling the people i was with, no one realized that we were watching history being made.

yes i've been drinking for hours, but he was ridiculous.  amazing even.

phattymatty

also, donyell marshall is from my home town, i watched him play against rasheed wallace when i was about 12 or so. 

15 years ago.

what the farg, now i'm watching them in the east finals and i'm pushing 30.  weird shtein.

MDS

lebron was insane. great shtein.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.