The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

In other news, the Magic beat some crappy team in OT tonight.

mcnabbmvp

"One thing in the NFL, it's not the team with the best players (that wins). It's the team that plays the best as a team." - Corey Simon,DT EAGLES

mcnabbmvp

Jan 26, 2006 10:20pm ET
Celtics Send Davis to Wolves in Seven-Player Swap
"The Celtics have reached agreement tonight on a trade that sends Ricky Davis, Mark Blount, Marcus Banks, Justin Reed and two future second-round draft picks to Minnesota for Wally Szczerbiak, Michael Olowokandi and rookie Dwayne Jones," writes Steve Bulpett of the BOSTON HERALD.
"One thing in the NFL, it's not the team with the best players (that wins). It's the team that plays the best as a team." - Corey Simon,DT EAGLES

BigEd76

Rome

Former NBA player J.R. Rider arrested on kidnapping charges:

QuoteUpdated: Jan. 27, 2006, 8:42 AM ET
Rider held in California on kidnapping chargeAssociated Press

MARIN, Calif. -- Troubled former NBA player Isaiah Rider was arrested by Marin County sheriff's deputies on charges of kidnapping a female acquaintance, authorities said.

Rider, 34, was being held Thursday on $2 million bail at Marin County Jail on charges of kidnapping and battery, said Sgt. Bruce Baker of the Marin County Sheriff's office. Rider, who also faces an outstanding warrant for resisting arrest in Alameda County, was scheduled to be arraigned on Friday.

Rider allegedly got into an argument Wednesday night with the unidentified female acquaintance and drove off with her against her will, Baker said. The woman began to scream, attracting the attention of police. Authorities tracked Rider down early Thursday morning and arrested him, Baker said. The woman was not injured.

Rider racked up hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines and suspensions in his NBA career, which ended in 2001. His offenses ranged from being tardy to practice to spitting at fans and airport personnel to crimes of assault and marijuana possession.

He spent two days in jail for failing to perform court-ordered community service that resulted from a 1994 assault charge for kicking a woman in the back after a disagreement at an autograph signing.

In May 1997 he was convicted of marijuana possession and later pleaded no contest to possessing unregistered cellular phones.

Rider was the fifth overall pick by Minnesota in the 1993 NBA draft and spent three seasons with the Timberwolves, winning the slam dunk championship his rookie season.

He was then traded to Portland in 1996 and spent three seasons with the Trail Blazers. He was suspended for a total of 12 games during his time in Portland, including three by the NBA in 1997 for spitting at a fan in Detroit.

After getting traded to Atlanta for Steve Smith on Aug. 2, 1999, Rider was late to his first day of camp, and never could get along with coach Lenny Wilkens. He was released in March 2000 after refusing to accept a three-game suspension for being late to a game.

He spent the 2000-01 season with the Los Angeles Lakers and was suspended five games that season for violating the league's anti-drug program.

He joined Denver the next season and was waived in November 2001 after playing just 10 games with the Nuggets. Rider never played again in the NBA.

Rider averaged 16.8 points per game in his career.

:-D

PhillyPhreak54

ESPN just said that Chris Anderson has been suspended for 2 years for violating the drug policy.

For those who don't know--Anderson is the crazy white spike hair dude from the Hornets.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

imagine how much drugs you gotta do to get kicked out of the nba!!

more than great white and tesla combined
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Anderson = white version of Roy Tarpley.

MURP

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 28, 2006, 07:27:11 AM
imagine how much drugs you gotta do to get kicked out of the nba!!

thats what I was thinking.  Anderson must have been selling heroin at halftime. 

BigEd76

Sam Smith of the Chicago Tribune (the NBA equivalent of Mark Eckel) says Garnett could be on the trading block soon...

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 30, 2006, 01:46:51 PM
Sam Smith of the Chicago Tribune (the NBA equivalent of Mark Eckel) says Garnett could be on the trading block soon...

It's the same shtein every year with Garnett.  He 'could' be on the trading block... blah blah.

Doesn't qualify as news.

hunt

iverson & hunter for garnett.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

BigEd76

These all work under the cap according to RealGM:

-- KG for Webber/Nailon
-- KG for AI/Hunter/Salmons
-- KG/Madsen for Dalembert/Mashburn/Hunter

...and super homer awesome #1 trade:

-- KG for Mashburn/Korver/Hunter/Nailon/Ollie

phattymatty

theres no one on the sixers that would make minnesota look our way, including AI