The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: phattymatty on April 14, 2022, 09:43:09 AM
I used to call him my least favorite Sixer ever but at this point I don't even remember why I disliked him so much back then. 

Also I saw a report this morning that Ben Simmons vibes are at an all time high lol

This isn't directed at you but I never understood the hate for the guy, he was a 2nd round pick.

One Nets player told Simmons in practice yesterday: "Make something happen in your life."

Pretty much says it all

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I remember Marty's Willie hate it was perplexing lol

Like hate Matt Harpring or someone like that

As for Simmons...can't wait to see him fail and cower in the corner again

ice grillin you

no one will agree with me but I think the cavs have a much better chance against Miami than the hawks

think the hawks win tonite tho
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I'm rooting for Cleveland and the Pels tonight

ice grillin you

I have no rooting interests as they are all uninteresting garbage franchises but I do want Cleveland cause I think they can win a couple games against the heat

PhillyPhreak54

I agree.

As for the Pels I like underdogs and they seem like they could make some noise too. Especially if McCollum plays like he did against SA. Too bad he not a Sixer.

I took Cavs +3 and will likely jump on NO

ice grillin you

feel like Cleveland should be up 15-20...not saying they are coming back but this was a win for the hawks

MDS

i love mike breen using his game 7 of the nba finals voice for this game...nba and its tv partners have done a great job making these play in games seem like huge things when in fact they are not
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

"The cavs fans are stunned" lol

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Quote from: TAFKASD on April 15, 2022, 09:52:41 PM
"The cavs fans are stunned" lol

theyre so stunned they wont be able to lose to the heat in 5

the american sports fan is such a rube falling for this crap. these teams all stunk all year and their seasons will all be over in 2 weeks. for the record yes i am watching
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Rough night to have bet on the Cavs and Pels

Clips on a 21-2 run and Cavs blew a 15 point lead and didn't even cover

PhillyPhreak54

And now the Pels on a 24-7 run!

This game is nuts

ice grillin you

shteins n giggles first round picks

heat over hawks in 5 - no idea how atlanta defends butler and herro....their wing defenders are wack

celtics over nets in 6 - brooklyn obviously has a punchers chance with kyrie and durant but i just dont know how you can win a series against a team as good as boston having to hide irving curry and patty mills on defense...this is a monsterous IF but if ben comes back and can do nothing but give them 15 minutes of defense a game it changes things

bucks over bulls in 4 - bull had no chance at full strength bu now a one legged zach lavine and no lonzo ball means sweep...the only question in this series is do the bulls fans have a takeover in games 1 and or 2

raptors over sixers in 6 - jo jo better be able to pass and defend his farging ass off this series because toronto has swarms of seven foot wingspan guys they can run at him and will dare the rest of the team to beat them...on offense all toronto does is hunt switches on maxey and harden who are terrible defenders so jo has to defend the hell out the rim

suns over pelicans in 5 - really want to pick a sweep here but for some reason i think the pels steal one at home...suns are so much better than everyone in the west much less the 8 seed

grizz over wolves in 6 - minnesota split the season series including a 40 point win.  the main difference in these teams are their benches the grizz have a crazy good one and minnesotas sucks but that matters less in the playoffs so the gap isnt quite as big.  these things will allow minnesota to extend the series but thats it

nuggets over warriors in 7 - this has the funnest match up of the first round...darymond checking jokic is going to be so much fun...dray played zero games in the reg season series which denver won 3-1...this pick is based on steph curry not being 100% or missing time cause golden state stinks when he doesnt play...if hes normal i think golden state wins in 6

jazz over mavs in 5 - shame luka is hurt cause this would have been a very entertaining series

ice grillin you

That play by ja might have been the greatest nba play of all time