The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: AO1 on May 27, 2018, 11:01:18 PM
Quote from: Don Ho on May 27, 2018, 10:58:25 PM
The King, I am speechless.  He is so farging good.

Can't wait to chant MVP while he's shooting free throws in a Sixers uniform next season

All I know is if he becomes a Laker, I stab the first wannabe Lakers fan I see in the eyes.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Don Ho

i have no problem with Lebron as what he's done with a mediocre at best supporting cast is just short of a miracle.  Warriors can kiss my ass.   I'm sorry but i despise them.  Unfortunately this has W's sweep or 4-1 at best series written all over it.

Rockets 7-44 from three.  Missed 26 in a row at one point.  That is like Police Athletic League stats.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

it would only be a miracle if he was beating teams better than his...superstars win in the nba and there just really aren't any in the east

now if he beats golden state then we are having a different discussion
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

I don't remember doing a 180 on a player like I've done with LeBron the last 3-4 years.  Not in terms of my opinion of his skill set but in regard to like him. 

I grew up with MJ but was probably too young to fully appreciate what I'm watching.  I think with Lebron I am sort of like I got with Tiger where you're just taking in unique greatness which is hard to root against in a series where you'd be otherwise neutral.

Rome

I think I may be the only person I know in real life that likes LeBron.  I know he's polarizing but Jesus the hate for the guy is stupid.

QB Eagles

Seems to me like LeBron hate peaked right after the Decision. Not only was the way he handled that annoying, it seemed like he was getting 90% of NBA coverage in spite of being a certified playoff choker. Those days are long gone and I think opinions have changed, at least among people who watch any basketball. He's far and away the best player in the league and the only comparisons that make sense in this phase of his career are to other historical greats. I can't even say that Jordan, invincible as he seemed, had the same aura of total mental mastery of the game. And he's still finding ways to improve and change his game to stay relevant as he ages. There's not much left to criticize.

ice grillin you

i dont hate him i just hate people saying hes better than jordan if youve seen both play....i get young people not really knowing or appreciating jordan but anyone who watched both and account for all factors like era and defense and say lebron is better are just living in the moment...which i also get...its easy to get crazy with what you are watching now

jordan is easily the goat...then comes lebron wilt kareem magic duncan in whatever order you want

MDS

clearly you dont understand sports media

there is an industry centered around yelling about james. and then you have your garden variety idiots who are either trolling for attention or just have some really bad opinions.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 29, 2018, 10:42:01 AM
I can't even say that Jordan, invincible as he seemed, had the same aura of total mental mastery of the game.

this is silly...jordan could have easily led the league in assists every year but because literally no one could stop him from scoring he didnt need to pass....also it was a different game then....the three pointer was thought to be a low percentage bad shot to take therefore drive kick was rare....today you just surround lebron or any primary ball handler with as many shooters as possible...this is not take anything from lebron who is crazy cerebral

and jordans defensive awareness was probably the best in league history...jordan lead the league in scoring ten times and was all NBA defense nine times....thats just laughably ridiculous

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 29, 2018, 08:32:30 AM

he did this already.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on May 29, 2018, 10:56:32 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 29, 2018, 08:32:30 AM

he did this already.

+kyrie and love
- durant

great win no doubt but not a 'miracle' as don said he accomplished this year

ice grillin you

i actually think lebrons greatest accomplishment was the 2007 team...they got smoked by the spurs but just getting that garbage to the finals in what was a much better east was crazy

MDS

i was just talking with a buddy about that

the second leading scorer in 07 was LARRY HUGHES. g5 of the pistons series he scored something like 30 points in a row because nobody else on his team could hit a farging layup. and that was a really good pistons team and especially defensively.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

I don't hate Lebron for anything he's done, including decision. That's just social media on steroids is what that was.

I also don't hate the dubs. I would like Harden and Paul to get a ring...but there's just an extra special hate for Houston with me now. Plus, how can you hate Golden State's game. That Curry pass to Bell, then back to Curry under the legs for a 3, represents their game. Just a level above everyone else.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05