The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Thank God, a franchise that is currently in worse shape than the Sixers.  Lakers are in deep shtein.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Someone check on Chuggie because this one might have killed him.

Rome

Rome

Now they're saying 70 million for four years.  Still what why what.

PhillyPhreak54

All about that increased salary cap

Guys making stupid money

Rome

"Never Google" Fournier just got caked off by La Magie.

The farg.

PhillyPhreak54

Conley gets $153m to stay in Memphis

And they paid Parsons $94m too

My lord

hbionic

Quote from: Rome on July 01, 2016, 03:09:20 PM
Someone check on Chuggie because this one might have killed him.

The Buss family must have sold their souls...because the devil is cashing in.

I guess there's no need to watch until the next offseason.

What a farging mess. Ever since the farg-head David Stern nixed the Chris Paul deal...that was the beginning of the end.

No light at the end of this tunnel for a while.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

The Lakers have, what, 20 farging championships?

Sack up, fruitcake.

Rome

The Hawks just gave Dwight Howard 70 mil over 3.

Good luck with him, Atlanta.  Maybe he won't destroy another franchise.

MDS

its the perfect spot for him....irrelevancy

nobody cares about the hawks. hes not the face of the franchise in orlando, hes not in LA, hes not with james harden on national tv in houston. hes on the hawks. theyll win 45 games and lose in the 1st or 2nd round. dwight will put up stats and cash them checks. life aint bad.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hunt

i can't really complain about the crazy salaries players are getting.  just shows how much of a money maker the nba is.  trust me, the owners are still making a profit.  :-D
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Rome

I know this is going to sound hopelessly old white man of me but when I think of players making 30 million a year, I think Jordan, Kobe and even Iverson or in this generation, Durant, LeBron or Steph Curry.  I don't think of farging Mike Conley.

And let me add this... I don't begrudge these kids getting insane amounts of money.  More power to them, actually.  But the money they're being paid comes from somewhere.  It's not like it magically appears Star Trek-style out of thin air.  It comes from television rights deals, advertising, ticket sales and ancillary sources like concessions, jerseys, etc. 

So the next time you pay an outlandish amount of money for a jersey or you see your satellite/cable bill rise by 15% overnight, remember it's because these guys are making bank and the billionaire iceholes who pay them are making even more.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

the tv money is coming in regardless...i don't see why people are getting mad that the players are getting more of it. would it be better that the owners get to just keep it all?