Fanduel Thread

Started by SunMo, October 08, 2013, 08:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Munson on September 25, 2014, 07:43:04 PM
Don't have the money to do the weekly stuff like we did last year a few times, but next year I should be set up with an actual salaried job and will be IN.

Doesn't have to be weekly...we can do one whenever and do $5 entry fees

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

Played a couple $5 50/50s this week since I finished up by a bunch last week, and they look pretty safe to hit....but I really swung and missed on the tourney entries this week. Made a terrible last minute adjustment in one of them, took out Forsett and VJax and out it Sankey and DeAndre Hopkins...ugh.

I could win minimal $$ in one of the tourny's if Harvin goes off tomorrow
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Any time the talking heads are talking about a guy that's a must play and is going to do well it's best to avoid that person. Sankey and Hopkins were those guys this week.

Munson

Quote from: SD on October 05, 2014, 08:52:13 PM
Any time the talking heads are talking about a guy that's a must play and is going to do well it's best to avoid that person. Sankey and Hopkins were those guys this week.

Hopkins had actually been productive up until now, but with all the talk out of Tenn with getting sankey involved more, I figured i'd take a shot on him.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

I've been playing the shtein out of Khiri Robinson because he's $4900 and has been pretty consistent double digits. This week I'm up a few dollars so far. Have 110 with Wilson/Harvin/Wash D to go in one league.

PhillyPhreak54

I can't pick for shtein

Did the 1.5m $25 entry one and tried to load up on Bears and cutler fizzled out

Did the $25 one SNF and MNF and loaded up on bengals and Seahawks and now New England wants to get crazy.

Munson

Quote from: SD on October 05, 2014, 09:28:17 PM
I've been playing the shtein out of Khiri Robinson because he's $4900 and has been pretty consistent double digits. This week I'm up a few dollars so far. Have 110 with Wilson/Harvin/Wash D to go in one league.

Yeah he's been a real nice buy low. Unfortunately the teams i had him on this week all sucked. One of them is the team that has a shot at winning a couple bucks with Harvin still to play.

rjs246

So. I've noticed that the teams that win the really big money on fanduel are the ones that go heavy on players from a single team that blow up. Good example was the Flacco/Smith/Smith combo from a couple of weeks ago. I'm torn between going heavy on the Packers (Rodgers, Cobb, Nelson) or Seattle (Wilson, Lynch, Baldwin). So I'm asking the crowd of four people who post here, which offense do you think is more likely to blow up this week?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah stacking is the key. The week that the Flacco/Smith/Smith trio went off I thought I had a nice set up but that ruined it.

I've got about 11 teams set for this week including one in the $2.5M pool.

Green Bay's trio has to be the odds on favorite. They are just locked in.

I have a couple lineups with the Seattle guys in there but I think they're more susceptible for a bust than the others even though Carolina's defense has been trash - their last couple trips to Carolina have been underwhelming and that is when their team wasn't loaded with drama.

rjs246

Yeah, the threat of a dud seems much greater with Seattle. There are some rather silly value plays out there this week that have me feeling all giddy...

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

Who're your top two value plays?

rjs246

Jonathan Stewart for $5100. The matchup sucks and he sucks, but he's the starter on a team that needs to run and $5100 is dirt farging cheap. Gives lots of flexibility for the other roster spots.
Houston D for $5100. JJ Watt going against a rookie Titans QB? Drool.

Also, if you're swinging for the fences, our old friend Bryce Brown is pretty cheap but Stewart is cheaper and guaranteed to get his touches.

Let them eat bootstraps.

rjs246

Also, I don't care how good the Eagles D looked and I don't care that they're coming off of a bye. Andre Ellington for $7400 is a farging steal.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

Good call on Stewart - I hadn't included him in any yet. The Panthers scare me. I used Cam in a couple last week and they did bupkis.

Houston's D is on my list too. I also find value in the Jets D at $4500 because that slapdick Orton can turn it over and the Jets can get after the passer.

I have used Bryce Brown in two - I am hoping Marrone uses him and not Dixon.

I did a lineup where I used Teddy Bridgewater because of his cheap ($5400) price and TB's D is generous. So if he can get 2 TDs and maybe one rushing that's a steal. That allows you to load up on RB (Foster and Forte) and WR.

I think Mike Evans has some potential at $5900 and Jordan Reed at $5200