the random musings not worthy of new thread thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 28, 2006, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

No. Thankfully the seat that went out was empty.

Another 737 Max issue.

I actively book flights to avoid that plane.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Diomedes on January 06, 2024, 03:03:20 PMIf i click on that am i gonna see people get sucked out of a plane?
Like Jay said, no. But it's still worth clicking on.

PhillyPhreak54

Boeing is having a bad run with that plane. From straight up crashing bc of Boeings negligence and rushing to get it into the air to this.

Rome

My buddy's frat bro was one of the lead developers for the 737 Max.  We were playing golf with him before it came out and he gave us all ball markers with the plane logo on them. 

He took a golden parachute out of Boeing when all the farg ups started happening.  The engineering is actually sound, but the manufacturing and failure to meet demand deadlines caused the usual nightmares.  The door blowing out has never happened before to my knowledge.  That's some scary shtein right there.  Thankfully no one was hurt or killed. 

Eagaholic

Meanwhile, Boeing's archrival Airbus, just saw one of its A350s blown the farg up on a runway in Tokyo and all 379 passengers and crew made it off with their lives because of Airbus' emphasis on safety design.

PhillyPhreak54

Airbus went through a rough patch after the Air France crash off Brazil some years ago - the whole Fly By Wire system took a beating. Hell I used to not want to fly on them. But they have done a good job since as you said.

I read that United, of which I fly 99.9% of the time due to being a hub in Houston, has found some loose bolts on the doors of the grounded portion of the 737MAX fleet.

So yeah - when you're booking a flight check the aircraft type and if you see 737MAX pick another flight.

Eagaholic

It was just announced Jet Blue's CEO is stepping down, on his doctor's advice. Apparently he too has a screw loose.

MDS

your boy got laid off today

capitalism comes for us all

any ditch digging opportunities out there for me?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Only if you're willing to shut up and dig.

So, no.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on January 11, 2024, 12:53:21 PMyour boy got laid off today

Damn man, sorry to hear that.

Wanna move to Houston?

MDS

1. can i commute from austin
2. where does ted cruz live, i need to kill him first
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

1. unfortunately no
2. in the River Oaks area, probably close to Joel Osteen

phattymatty

Quote from: MDS on January 11, 2024, 12:53:21 PMyour boy got laid off today

damn sorry to hear buddy.  I went on unemployment for the first time in my life in 2021 and came out of it with a better job and more money.  blessing in disguise.

do something fun with at least a portion of your time off.

I might have a few LinkedIn premium invites if they haven't expired yet.

MDS

im debating what i want to do

on one hand i have 6 weeks severance and some $$ stored up. on the other, i have no idea when im going to get another decent gig. maybe in a month, maybe in 6 months. is taking a trip to guatemala to get the bug a smart play right now?

doing some phone screens with other agencies next week, well see what comes.