ice grillin you

he was put on earth to play large in final preseason games of the year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

Quote from: MDS on October 20, 2010, 07:26:11 PM
i love the sixers but that are an absolute disaster, hunt

turner is hideous but in the least doug collins will be entertaining during pressers

stop being such a negative Hoyda fan.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Hawk

Jrue's dunk on Randolph was #1 on sportscenter.

Hawk

Hey remember when you guys have been virtually unwatched for 7 years....
It's been 9 years since AI stepped over Tyrone Lue...
Hey, you also remember when Robert Horry hit gigantic threes in both games 2 and 3, ending our hopes... farg you guys too.

ice grillin you

hizzawk might be drunker than me

Hawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 24, 2010, 01:04:09 AM
hizzawk might be drunker than me

Nah... didn't even drink tonight.. I was going to hit up M street if the Phils won, but as soon as that strike out occurred I decided to stay in.

reese125

video of collins talking about his teaching philosophy and basically re-teaching the game to the players. Man...these kind of talks have me thinking they might not eclipse 25 wins this season

http://www.phillyburbs.com/opinions/blogs/intell_blogs/intell_blogs_details/article/634/2010/october/24/video-collins-on-the-teaching-aspect-of-coaching.html

Drunkmasterflex

That is not just Sixer problem that is Basketball as whole. These guys are such freak athletes and they use it to dominate at lower levels, problem is when you get to the NBA most of the guys they are going up against are equal.  Just look at how many guys can't hit an open jumper and make foul shots.  That is pathetic. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

reese125

thats a perception because of todays youth, but believe it or not 3-pt scoring and FG%'s have never been higher.

also..you would think that free throw shooting was much better from back in the day where fundamentals were consistently taught, but thats not the case at all. free throw percentages averages have been the same for the past 50 years at the NBA level at around 75%. Coaching can be a huge factor to improve it if you drill it hard enough...but not a lot of time is spent on it still to this day.

MDS

silver lining is basketball pre-michael jordan was absolutely unwatchable

before the game opened up, people played like robots moving around chairs like in drills....i.e what college hoops is now. and the actual basketball being played at the college level is horrendous right now. maybe an all time low and that includes the pre-shot clock era.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 25, 2010, 04:40:40 PM
silver lining is basketball pre-michael jordan was absolutely unwatchable

how would you know you never saw it

im by no means some peach basket and grand ma free throw guy but the game was awesome pre jordan (and it still is)

reese125

classic sports network-- with the discolored fuzzy screen and over-sized letters and numbers told him so

SD

Pre-Jordan Magic/Bird/Doc hoops was a trillion times better than the slop we see today.

ice grillin you

actually todays game is better....what hurts the league now is the same thing that hurts every pro league....too many teams

contract five or six teams and todays nba is definitely superior to bird/magic times

the jordan era was actually the worst time for nba basketball ever....mike is gawd but the league was pretty painful to watch for much of the 90's