Would you......

Started by stalker, December 07, 2005, 11:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: stalker on December 08, 2005, 12:27:07 PM
But, to get back to the initial question rephrased this way:

Assuming we have the 11th pick, what would you be willing to package to get Reggie?

I wouldn't.  As good as he is, the Eagles already have Westbrook, who is a similar player.

Beermonkey

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 08, 2005, 12:46:37 PM
Yeah, cause that worked out so well in Ditka's case....

"you dont trade the farm"

What do you trade then? Do you give up a #1 in 2007 & #2 in 2006?

Feva

Quote from: Beermonkey on December 08, 2005, 01:01:22 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on December 08, 2005, 12:46:37 PM
Yeah, cause that worked out so well in Ditka's case....

"you dont trade the farm"

That'll get you halfway there....
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Tomahawk

Quote from: FFatPatt on December 08, 2005, 12:58:22 PM

Assuming we have the 11th pick, what would you be willing to package to get Reggie?

I wouldn't.  As good as he is, the Eagles already have Westbrook, who is a similar player.

Also, Bush isn't even a full time player in college. While his play has been beyond impressive, I don't want the Eagles to get him.

MadMarchHare

Anyone but Reid.

ice grillin you

impossible to say without knowing how far theyd have to move up...among many other factors...but i would do the above for bush
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

stalker

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 08, 2005, 01:21:00 PM

impossible to say without knowing how far theyd have to move up...among many other factors...but i would do the above for bush

And Westbrrok or Moats or Lito?
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

SheEagle

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 08, 2005, 08:41:17 AM
Can we come up with a trade for an imaginative playbook?

A playbook that doesn't say "Run on a 3rd and 11..."

not until they get a coach who isnt the nfl's version of the truman show...i think andy might be a robot  synthetically created in a lab or a drexel  engineer major...go down to the armory dressed like irene cara circa 85 and flirt with andy and all the rotc geeks...then you can go to the bangin ass arcade they have at the cafeteria on chestnut...i believe theres still a bowling alley there as well

Hmmm....

I think I am too blonde for Irene Cara....but, good thought!

oh what a feeling...

I know what you mean - I have always supported Andy, and I still like him...for now...but COME ON.  My arse can call plays better than that!

Tomahawk

Quote from: SheEagle on December 08, 2005, 01:32:56 PM

not until they get a coach who isnt the nfl's version of the truman show...i think andy might be a robot  synthetically created in a lab or a drexel  engineer major...go down to the armory dressed like irene cara circa 85 and flirt with andy and all the rotc geeks...then you can go to the bangin ass arcade they have at the cafeteria on chestnut...i believe theres still a bowling alley there as well

Hmmm....

oh what a feeling...

I know what you mean - I have always supported Andy, and I still like him...for now...but COME ON.  My arse can call plays better than that!

I'm not calling you a liar, but I find that difficult to believe.

It seems Reid has actually been calling more run plays on 3rd and short this year.

JTrotter Fan

You're kidding, right?  Similar?
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

Rome

Stalker or Spammer?  You decide.

:-D

SheEagle

Quote from: Tomahawk on December 08, 2005, 01:51:22 PM
Quote from: SheEagle on December 08, 2005, 01:32:56 PM

Hmmm....

oh what a feeling...

I'm not calling you a liar, but I find that difficult to believe.

It seems Reid has actually been calling more run plays on 3rd and short this year.

Ok, Tom.  It was a figure of speech.

That being said, I simply cannot follow his play calling - at times, it makes me want to kill someone, man, woman, small child...whatever is in the way.  I simply cannot understand the rationale of calling a crap running play, that MIGHT get 3 yards, when we NEED something like...oh, ELEVEN.

And then, there is the whole "everyone else is doing the tight end over the middle - I simply cannot understand why" thing that Andy has....well, Mr. Reid...because the TE over the middle...IT WORKS for other teams.  Ya think you could talk him into running that route a few times in practice with our TE - just on the hunch we could use it??

WHY can't WE exploit another team's weak secondary...the way ours has been abused?

:boom

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: The Waco Kid on December 08, 2005, 02:01:45 PM

You're kidding, right?  Similar?

How in the hell would I be kidding?  Both are shifty/big-play backs.  Neither are workhorse/30-carries-a-game backs.  Trading a bunch of stuff away to get Reggie Bush when you just signed Westbrook through 2010 is simply a good way to avoid address other needs this team REALLY has.

I'm not saying Bush won't be special or better than Westbrook in the NFL, because it's impossible to know... only that it  makes about as much sense to move up to get Bush as it would to move up to get Vince Young.