The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Grantham interviewing with NO on Thursday although reports coming out that the Saints have hired Rob Ryan

BigEd76

FootballScoop:

QuoteSources tell us the Tulsa quarterbacks coach (grad asst) Press Taylor has accepted the offensive quality control job with the Eagles.

BigEd76

AJC this morning:

QuoteTodd Grantham is not going anywhere and Davin Bellamy very likely will sign with the Georgia Bulldogs later this morning.

That was the word from Bridgett Bellamy Wednesday morning. She is Davin Bellamy's mother and she sprang into action last night when reports circulated that Grantham, Georgia's defensive coordinator and Bellamy's would-be position coach, was going to interview for the New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator position on Thursday.

"We got to the bottom of it," Mrs. Bellamy said over the phone from the hallways of Chamblee High, where Davin is scheduled to make his announcement at 11 a.m. "We spoke with Grantham, we spoke with (Bryan) McClendon, we've spoken with Mark Richt. There is no truth to that and it will not affect Davin's decision today."
"Coach Grantham talked to Davin and assured him that he had nothing to worry about and that he was staying at Georgia and he would be Davin's position coach," Mrs. Bellamy said. "He's been recruiting him now for several months and Davin has his word that he will be there when Davin starts at Georgia in the fall. I was glad to hear that."

...then this update an hour ago:

Quote"Will you still be with us two or three years from now," a fan asked Grantham.

"You know what? I can tell you this, that my family loves it here; I like it here a lot; and this is a very special place and I think today needs to be focused on the players we've got here right now and trying to get back to Atlanta," Grantham said.

Of course, that is effectively saying nothing.

ice grillin you

i dont think he was a serious candidate anyway for the birds but the 49ers refused the saints request to interview donatell for their DC position
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

SD

ice grillin you

yeah they are a complete farce right now

rjs246

So, instead of Gus Bradley as the head coach and leading the defense, they have Chip Kelly and the farging Browns' LB coach?

This is going to be hilariously bad.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

reese125

new def scheme
new underachieving coordinator
below avg players

detroit 2008

ice grillin you

some numbers from billy's four previous seasons as a DC

2005 - 49ers
pts - 30th
yds - 32nd
turnovers - 24th
sacks - 30th

2006 - 49ers
pts - 32nd
yds - 25th
turnovers - 19th
sacks - 22nd

2009 - arizona
pts - 14th
yds - 19th
turnovers - 10th
sacks - 6th

2010 - arizona
pts - 30th
yds - 28th
turnovers - 9th
sacks - 19th

Tomahawk

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

This probably means they'll be targeting JJ this year too then I would think.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

So Grantham turns them down last minute, and they go with this clown.  Awesome
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons