The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Zanshin on January 25, 2013, 09:09:17 AM
I keep reading that there's a good chance the Eagles will move to a 3-4. Because if there's one thing that the Eagles have an abundance of, it's quality linebackers. All semi-kidding aside, I hope they don't go that route. Which, of course, makes it a virtual certainty...because that's the way this offseason has gone.

Recent history suggests that if you decide to go with the 3-4, there will be a season or two where you find out if guys can play it or not. The taterskins are a great example. The Eagles backers, I don't think, are any more ill-suited to the 3-4 than to the 4-3. I would say the 3-4 actually makes more sense with what they have - Ryans and Kendricks in the inside, and you can put Cole and Graham on the outside. They'd probably be serviceable until you add true 3-4 backers through the draft/FA. Where as in the 4-3, you have Kendricks, Ryans, and.........?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Zanshin

Meh. I miss Jim Johnson and players that could, you know, play.

Dillen

I'm not big on the 3-4 in general but if they want to put it in, now's the time to do it. Doesn't matter if they have 4 LBs to play it or not. They really only have like... 2 or 3 players that can even play their position in the 4-3. That's not worth saving.

Also, if it really does happen, Cole and Graham routinely playing in space = lololol

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on January 24, 2013, 10:30:19 PM
Spags gets downgraded for not doing dick since 2007...the last time he had success as a coach was when Bush was in office. You can't chalk it up to bad luck as a DC or bountygate. Donatell has consistently been a good coach. That's the difference. I'd be fine with either hire but I think Donatell ultimately gets the gig.

donatell has never been respected enough to even get a college head coaching gig much less a pro head coach so unfortunately we wont be able to compare their resumes there...hes been a nomad for 20 years going from team to team never really accomplishing a ton...i think the eagles job would just be another in a long line of jobs for him in other words a promotion/more money....whereas spags would be all IN

also spags year in new orleans should count about as much as donatells 0-11 year at udub...again spags gets ripped for a pro job but donatell was just wonderful going winless in college....ill take spags' ring over anything donatell has ever done...theres positives and negatives to each but i think spags positives definitely win here

Quote from: Dillen on January 25, 2013, 10:42:38 AM
I'm not big on the 3-4 in general but if they want to put it in, now's the time to do it. Doesn't matter if they have 4 LBs to play it or not. They really only have like... 2 or 3 players that can even play their position in the 4-3. That's not worth saving.

Also, if it really does happen, Cole and Graham routinely playing in space = lololol

i dont really care whether its a 3-4 or 4-3 but everything weve heard says donatell is the man and hes never run a 3-4...he has coached under it for a few years but if you were going to do a complete overhaul to a 3-4 youd think youd hire a 3-4 guy...likewise for spags...he should not be under consideration if they are indeed going to a 3-4
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

Quote from: Zanshin on January 25, 2013, 09:09:17 AM
I keep reading that there's a good chance the Eagles will move to a 3-4. Because if there's one thing that the Eagles have an abundance of, it's quality linebackers. All semi-kidding aside, I hope they don't go that route. Which, of course, makes it a virtual certainty...because that's the way this offseason has gone.

If that's the case, then please god, whatever you do, clear your mind and don't think of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

the best thing about moving to a 3-4 would be that i would think the eagles would do everything in their power to get jarvis jones
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sgt PSN

Farg a 3-4 or 4-3.  3-3-5 is the way to go. 

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 25, 2013, 12:09:12 PM
Farg a 3-4 or 4-3.  3-3-5 is the way to go.

Why not just an "11?" Worked in This is Spinal Tap.

Rome

I agree about Jones.  He looks like an idiot to me and he'll probably be a bust in the NFL.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome

PoopyfaceMcGee

In that case, get Manti Te'o instead. He's leaps and bounds better at football than Jones, AND we know he's bat-shtein crazy.

Rome

Plus his fictional girl is hot as balls.  In fact I'm squirting just thinking about Te'o being an Eagle.