The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's clear that Lurie wants to draw a hard line and make sure that Roseman has final say on personnel. However, even shakedown Howie would be insane to not take serious counsel with his head coach... whoever the hell it is.

SunMo

howie is a snake of the highest degree, there is no way he doesn't leave himself an out when picking players.  if he counsels the hc he can always say that a draft pick was a guy that he and coach talked about and agreed on, but never take ownership for it himself
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

if they hire lovie it will be precisely because they know he wont ask for nor will he care if hes not involved in PP decisions

right now im pissed but i will be beside myself if they hire a defensive coach and its not gus

id take lovie as DC in a heartbeat tho that seems like overkill if you were to hire a defensive guy like gus

this seems like a huge reach at this point but a caller on wip suggested that gus is a man of 100% integrity and keeping his word and thats why he went to jacksonville rather than cancel on them...and that he will ultimately come back to philly and sign there
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 16, 2013, 08:56:40 AM
10 hour job interviews are just something that came about over the last half decade and now everyone thinks they need to do it or they will fall behind everyone else....its a true copycat league

This.  10 hour job interviews are the result of the corporate mentality taking over sports.  And it's also why people get so excited about Wonderlic scores.  And I think that Lurie is one of the owners at the forefront of this transition from sport/business to business/sport.  This is why Banner ran the team for so many years and why Roseman runs it now.  It's not a team, it's a business and in order to run a business, Lurie wants someone in charge with a background in business rather than someone with 30 years of football knowledge and experience. 

Does anyone remember Reid's intro press conference?  I damn sure do.  He sounded very "corporate" throughout the entire thing, talking about plans and formulas and proposals.  I'm almost certain that he showed Lurie a power point during his interview and probably referred to his coaching staff as a focus group.

I could see maybe 4 or 5 hours on an interview.  I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable handing my billion dollar baby over to a nanny after 90 minutes.  But multiple 10 hr interviews?  Come on.  Really?  They don't even spend that long interviewing you for a Top Secret clearance.   

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on January 16, 2013, 09:43:29 AM
howie is a snake of the highest degree, there is no way he doesn't leave himself an out when picking players.  if he counsels the hc he can always say that a draft pick was a guy that he and coach talked about and agreed on, but never take ownership for it himself

heckert banner and reid all gone....howie still there....i dont think hes even stupid enough to not know that this shtein is now ALL on him

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 16, 2013, 09:51:37 AM
Does anyone remember Reid's intro press conference?  I damn sure do.  He sounded very "corporate" throughout the entire thing, talking about plans and formulas and proposals.  I'm almost certain that he showed Lurie a power point during his interview and probably referred to his coaching staff as a focus group.

the binders reid brought to his interview with banner and lurie are the stuff of legend

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 16, 2013, 09:53:42 AM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 16, 2013, 09:51:37 AM

the binders reid brought to his interview with banner and lurie are the stuff of legend

Binders full of women? 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 16, 2013, 09:48:49 AM
this seems like a huge reach at this point but a caller on wip suggested that gus is a man of 100% integrity and keeping his word and thats why he went to jacksonville rather than cancel on them...and that he will ultimately come back to philly and sign there

And the WIP caller knows this about Bradley because...........?

ice grillin you

he doesnt know

its purely hope...at this point people are willing to grasp onto even the smallest hope

SunMo

without hope, you cannot have true despair.

a batman villain taught me this

ice grillin you

not philadelphia sports?

if he does comeback and go with the birds if will be a nice refreshing sign...in the banner days once you dared to leave you were done as far as banner inc was concerned

SunMo

they put me through it, but that line in the movie summed up my sorry existence in a way nothing else had

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SunMo on January 16, 2013, 10:15:58 AM
they put me through it, but that line in the movie summed up my sorry existence in a way nothing else had

The fact that you think a line from a comic book movie sums up your existence is actually more telling than the line itself, don't ya think? 

SunMo

i'm definitely not using sarcasm at all

Tomahawk

Besides, it's a graphic novel; not a comic book.