The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Dancin Donny wants the Eagles to get a defensive coach and endorsed Nolan.  He also likes Horton but admitted he's only being interviewed by teams cause he's black, and he says Philly is only the 3rd-most attractive head coaching opening behind Chicago and Arizona

Diomedes

What's so great about Arizona?  Who wants to work for the Bidwells?

I'm on board with Nolan. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

But, to be honest, I'm on board with anyone.  What the hell.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SunMo

Caplan is on WIP and thinks Jay Gruden is at the top of the eagles list.  he thinks McCoy and Chipper are not as high as people think.  he says Banner is infatuated with Chip and will whatever it takes to get him.

he said the Eagles have probably 5 or 6 guys on their list they want to talk to yet but have to wait for teams to get eliminated from the playoffs (Gruden with Cincy for example)
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhanInDC

My only guess with Arizona is their defense is set. So if your pursuing an offensive type coach, they only have to worry about their side of the ball.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

reese125

why is jay gruden at the very top of the list? wouldnt they prefer a guy thats run through and seen the nfl at all angles for multiple years and actually accomplished something in their respected positions? the guy came from arena ball and has been in the nfl for 2 years and his offense has actually regressed a bit this year still in the 20's.

be nice to have a guy that shows an incremental history of success--usually what happens when you get a promotion

PhillyPhanInDC

They want Jon Gruden. Can not have. Therefore, Jay Gruden. Wouldn't surprise me if that was the line of thinking.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyPhreak54

Philadelphia gets the wrong brother all the time.

And switching to a 3-4 would take a lot of overhauling.

PhillyPhanInDC

Yeah it would take a lot of overhauling - but how would the overhaul be any different that what they have to do if they stay with the 4-3? Save two, maybe three players the rest is trash.

ice grillin you

yeah why are people acting like switchin to a 3-4 would hurt their superbowl chances next year

this is the EXACT time to switch
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on January 04, 2013, 11:43:30 AM
They want Jon Gruden. Can not have. Therefore, Jay Gruden. Wouldn't surprise me if that was the line of thinking.

It worked so well with Matthews.

Munson

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 04, 2013, 12:35:03 PM

And Stacey Andrews!
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

methdeez

Quote from: Munson on January 04, 2013, 03:00:17 PM

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 04, 2013, 12:35:03 PM

And Stacey Andrews!
To be fair, they thought they had drafted Stacey Dash.

BigEd76

The Eagles received permission to interview Arians and Seattle DC Gus Bradley next week

BigEd76

QuoteRapSheet
BREAKING: Chip Kelly is close to a deal to become the #Browns coach, according to a source informed of his situation.

Supposedly he still has an interview with the Eagles tomorrow though...