The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

SD

Seabiscuit36

least shocking post ever. 

Luongo is the Joe Thornton of the goalie position.  But at 9 years to Bryz's, sure why not
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD

Devils/Panthers is going to a game 7

ice grillin you

brilliant nhl again putting game sevens up against each other tomorrow night
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

They're both in the east, so what can they do?  Start one at 9?

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 25, 2012, 10:39:49 AM
They're both in the east, so what can they do?  Start one at 9?

schedule your first round so that game sevens wont conflict

the nba seems to manage just fine

another reason the nhl is bush league

Seabiscuit36

Honeslty, the Devils/Panthers games have been about as boring as they come.  Tocchett said every game feels like a regular season game, and i have to agree.  Every other series was off the charts. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

Sens/Rangers @ 7
Devils/Panthers @ 8:30

I guess that works

ice grillin you

def better than their old way of doing things but still inexcusable

MDS

easy and SB with the bettman excuse talking points

what they could do is set it up so game 7s are all on the weekend, so you can spread it out and not have a conflict. but then they wouldnt be a "sports league" run by "canadians."

the zesty game will be on nhln and then will be picked up by versus when the good one is over. major. sports. league.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

Betteman would never talk about how a series sucks.  The most entertaining thing out of this series has been the twitter battle by the Panthers owner.  Thats about it. 

Also, i really do think they're moving forward in the aspect that all games are now televised if you have cable.  The Comcast ownership/sports background has improved the broadcasts immensely. 

MDS

i dont really care about the quality of panthers/devils, and neither does anyone else because those 2 teams might be the most irrelevant 2 teams in north american sports today.

its the fact that its game 7. of what is supposed to be a major professional league. putting its game 7 on its in-house tv network thats available in roughly 30 million homes. then joining in progress on the "the nbc sports channel" when/if the marquee ends.

every single year something like this comes up with the nhl and every single year they have the same backwards ass response. at some point youd figure they would move everything back/up a few days to get game 7s on the weekend. but every single year they dont, they embarrass and belittle their product.

canadians.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

Can't disagree with that at all

Drunkmasterflex

This has been a great game, that play by Seidenberg with the kick save was unreal!
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell