2005 CFFFL - AFC - Talk Trash here

Started by Diomedes, September 08, 2005, 12:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

How long should I keep Duce fargin' Staley on my roster?  I want to cut him every week, and every week I somehow manage to hold onto him.  What's wrong with me?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Diomedes

Just enough for you to tell me what to do with Duce fargin' Staley.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Cut him.  He's not going to be a productive/consistant fantasy player this year.  Too many RB's on the roster to share the ball with. 

Diomedes

That is of course wise advice.  But I'm telling you, as soon as I cut him, Jerome and Willie will both slip and break their necks, Chuggie or MDS will pick him up, and I'll end up losing to them because they start him.

Sgt PSN

That's when you take advantage of your Commish powers and 'alter' their rosters a little.  A dash of Tim Couch here, a sprinkle of Mo Clarett there and just a smidgen of Johnny Morton sounds like the perfect recipe for the worst Fantasy Football Gumbo ever. 

QB Eagles

Week 8

Offensive MVP: Jake Plummer :puke (Dio's Bronx Brigands) - 34.5pts
Defensive MVPs: Antontio Pierce (MDS Mike Zordich's), Jeremiah Trotter :cfhead (CSD), Adrian Wilson (Seabiscuit36) - 10pts

Offensive overachievers:
Antonio Gates (Mad's Arch-Villains) +22.8
Marion Barber (Dio's Bronx Brigands) +18.96
Jerry Porter (MDS' Mike Zordich's) +17.56
Jake Plummer (Dio's Bronx Brigands) +17.51
Tiki Barber (Eastern Motors) +14.66

Defensive overachievers:
Jeremiah Trotter :cfhead (CSD) +4.62
Adrian Wilson (Seabiscuit36) +3.77
Antonio Pierce (MDS' Mike Zordich's) +3.65
Deltha O'Neal (Dio's Bronx Brigands) +2.39
Chris McAlister (Sweet Sassy Mo-lassy) +1.71

Offensive underachievers:
Michael Pittman (Eastern Motors) -12.02
Priest Holmes (Satoshi) -11.5
Daunte Culpepper (CSD) -11.43
Eli Manning (Pli-Plong & Pongora) -10.57
Clinton Portis (CSD) -10.3

Defensive underachievers:
Zach Thomas (Eastern Motors) -6.79
Adam Archuleta (Satoshi) -6.77
Gibril Wilson (CF_DeepBallas) -5.57
Derrick Burgess (Phanatics) -5.02
Shelton Quarles (CSD) -4.56

Left rotting on the bench:
Jake Delhomme (phillymic) - 31pts
Steve McNair (Mad's Arch-Villains) - 19pts
Eric Moulds (Sweet Sassy Mo-lassy) - 19pts
Drew Bledsoe (Sweet Sassy Mo-lassy) - 17pts
Kelly Holcomb (Pli-Plong & Pongora) - 13.5pts

Notes

• 4-time overachiever: Jeremiah Trotter :cfhead
  • 3-time underachiever: Daunte Culpepper
  • 2-time underachiever: Priest Holmes
  • Heroes to zeroes: Clinton Portis, Adam Archuleta
  • Apparently no one attempted to play defense in Week 8. Almost all defensive players underperformed, and offenses AFC-wide put up Tecmo-like numbers (with one obvious exception).
  • All but one player on Sassy's offense put up double digits, including his bench.
  • Everyone on Seabiscuit's offense scored a touchdown. Everyone!
  • Eastern Motors left what would have been the defensive MVP (Mike Peterson) on the bench. It may have been poetic justice, since the owner of that team pointed out that Sassy committed the same error last week.
  • phillymic seems to bench the hot QB every week.
  • This is the second time the offensive MVP is the quarterback who played against the Eagles.  :-\
  • Say goodbye to Daunte Culpepper, who truly had one of the most infamous fantasy seasons of all-time. Just ask CSD.

satoshi

Seabiscuit36

HA.....Love the fact that everyone scored a touchdown last week that means i will score 2 total next week
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

QB Eagles

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on November 02, 2005, 07:49:57 AM
HA.....Love the fact that everyone scored a touchdown last week that means i will score 2 total next week

I hope so!

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on November 01, 2005, 12:06:48 PM
That is of course wise advice.  But I'm telling you, as soon as I cut him, Jerome and Willie will both slip and break their necks, Chuggie or MDS will pick him up, and I'll end up losing to them because they start him.

Bettis and Big Ben are out. You might want to pick up Duce again. :-D

Diomedes

I dropped Staley this morning, adding Ernest Wilford.  This afternoon, Bettis is downgraded to doubtful.   :boom

Sgt PSN

What dumbass did you let talk you into dropping him?  Dude, you gotta stop being so trusting man.  There's a lot of idiots out there. 

QB Eagles

Bettis won't play at all. That's the word from Cowher. Steelers fans are nervous about this game.