Gearhead Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 25, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Diomedes on February 15, 2011, 07:35:11 PM

Its pretty easy, once you figure it out the first time.  Kits are cheap, but go for one with the handle like Dio has, the screw driver type sucks ass
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

smeags

if only dodge would've went with this for the charger.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Sgt PSN

Yeah, Dodge completely farged up the Charger and they didn't do a bang up job on the Challenger either imo.  It's not terrible, but it just doesn't do much for me.   

When car companies bring back old models that they stopped making I look at them and ask if the new version is what we would have had they never stopped production in the first place.  That pic is what a Charger should be and I'd be all over it should they ever actually produce it.   

smeags

yeah that concept is sick. don't know who had the final decision on the version that was produced but they should be tarred and feathered.

smeags

Tomahawk

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 16, 2011, 04:45:35 PM
Yeah, Dodge completely farged up...the Challenger...imo.  It's not terrible, but it just doesn't do much for me.   

I love the new Challengers. I do think they look like they would had production never stopped though

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Tomahawk on February 16, 2011, 08:15:41 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 16, 2011, 04:45:35 PM
Yeah, Dodge completely farged up...the Challenger...imo.  It's not terrible, but it just doesn't do much for me.   

I love the new Challengers. I do think they look like they would had production never stopped though

That's the weird thing....I love the old Challengers and think the new ones look like the old ones but there's just something about the new models that doesn't quite do it for me.  Don't hate em, just don't love them either.

smeags

i definitely like the new challenger but i think chevy did an even better job with the camaro as far as this retro look deal goes.

Sgt PSN

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Diomedes

Right?

I could give a damn about monster trucks, but wow.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

I've changed plenty of disc brakes before without much issue, but after the first time messing with drums, I don't know if I ever want to touch them again. When I took the driver's side drum off, I saw the pad on the shoe was completely gone, a spring I had no idea what it was for just fell out, and it was a goopy mess. The passenger side didn't even have the spring (or entire assembly for that matter) that fell out on the other side. Thankfully, google was able to teach me that stupid spring helps pull back the lever that kicks the self-adjusting screw. Another issue was the more expensive hardware kit didn't include the shoe hold down posts that came in the less expensive kit I bought during the 4th trip to the parts store.

Abbreviated version: Drum brakes suck donkey nuts and dog balls.

The hardware kit came with a couple of u-shaped retainers (1 for each side) that weren't there before. The only spot I guessed they could go was the center post up top where the shoe return springs attach. Is this correct?

Diomedes

Not sure..the only drum brakes I have experience with were motorcycle brakes. 

Is the "u" clip just a stop to keep the spring from sliding?

Tomahawk

My best guess it's to keep the springs from popping off the post. There were also a couple of compression washers that didn't get used (2 came in the more expensive hardware kit; 4 in the second one purchased)