Gearhead Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 25, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Here are pics of the go kart.  Lots to do.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

you gonna throw some spinners on it? 

Seabiscuit36

what are you really going to do on that Dio?  is it for you?  Seriously, for you? 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

Sgt PSN

spinners and switches mang!

Diomedes

backyard go kart competition.  200 dollar budget, 5hp max engine.  no racing frames.  a half dozen or so friends are going to drag, course race, and some kind of drinking and driving stage as well.  also a concours competition.  overall winner gets overall loser's kart.

some of these guys are true gearheads.  I'm a pretender.  They have jobs as techs, machinists, etc.  at least two of them are setting up nitrous.  My buddy and I are trying to think of a way to run a plug-in leafblower off a car battery as a redneck sort of supercharger.

I'll probably lose the thing -- or blow it up--but we'll have a good time
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

Tomahawk

Quote from: Diomedes on May 25, 2009, 09:38:21 PM
backyard go kart competition.  200 dollar budget, 5hp max engine.  no racing frames.  a half dozen or so friends are going to drag, course race, and some kind of drinking and driving stage as well.  also a concours competition.  overall winner gets overall loser's kart.

some of these guys are true gearheads.  I'm a pretender.  They have jobs as techs, machinists, etc.  at least two of them are setting up nitrous.  My buddy and I are trying to think of a way to run a plug-in leafblower off a car battery as a redneck sort of supercharger.

I'll probably lose the thing -- or blow it up--but we'll have a good time

Wouldn't nitrous or a supercharger put it over the 5hp limit?

Diomedes

sure..but the limit is on the stock motor rating...basically it's got to be a lawnmower engine...there is no limit to what you can do to it after that, except of course budget

Tomahawk

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

It took much more work, money, and space than I expected, but if it doesn't blow up when I put it back in, it was well worth the learning experience

*edited to remove license plate number from picture. Not sure what my license plate number would do for anybody, but they blur it out on Cops

Diomedes

fargin awesome

good work

Seabiscuit36

no wonder you had problems with it, there was a beer can in the engine
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

Looks good, THawk.

Good job. :yay

Tomahawk

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on July 01, 2009, 06:55:01 AM
no wonder you had problems with it, there was a beer can in the engine

Ha - I figured since I run on beer, the car should too.

Thanks guys - I'll see if I can record the sound after we drop it in hopefully tomorrow. Should be deafening loud since I'm going to have to drive it with open headers to the exhaust shop

Diomedes

They have this thing on the internets called Youtube.  Check it out and post video there.