Gearhead Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 25, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susquehanna Birder

Space in the garage helps too. And like the items you mention, I have none.

PhillyPhanInDC

Garage? Ha. Do that shtein in your front yard, without a shirt on. If you are going to do it, do it right. The grass and soil is excellent at catching all that old gear oil.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: PPinDC on April 24, 2007, 03:37:59 PM
Garage? Ha. Do that shtein in your front yard, without a shirt on. If you are going to do it, do it right. The grass and soil is excellent at catching all that old gear oil.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 24, 2007, 01:34:35 PM

Is this about what yours sounds like?

That's pretty much it. But you don't get the real tone of it at speed, especially from the cabin. Maybe I'll try and make a clip before too long.

Gotta like the blower whine on that Cobra.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on April 23, 2007, 11:31:10 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 23, 2007, 11:17:36 PMI'm pretty car stupid myself, but I ain't that dumb.  Give me a little credit.

Alright, alright.  When you finally screw up the balls to change your own oil but you need someone to check your work, lemme know.

Actually, I can change my own oil.  I also wear big boy underwear too. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 24, 2007, 01:34:35 PM

Is this about what yours sounds like?

Did that guy actually just set his camera on the ground and flim himself driving around a parking lot?  Who was that guy anyway, Uncle Rico? 

Susquehanna Birder

Looks that way. Apparently he has no friends.

PhillyPhreak54

That blower whine is music to my ears. I had a crummy Powerdyne BD-11 w/9psi and Powerdynes are not whiners, so I was disappointed. They're belt-driven vs. the gear driven ones like Vortech, etc. It had a little chirp to it when I would get into it and then the blow-off would sneeze.

Another thing I miss about Killeen/Ft.Hood is that on the base they had a craft shop where you could rent a bay with a lift and every tool at your side. Pay a couple a bucks an hour and the bay is yours. Saves the back and is so much easier.

Gear oil is some nasty smelling shtein for real. Especially old burnt up shtein.

Sometimes it can be a bitch to get the big ass nut off of there. On one car it took several us taking turns with a sledge hammer to beat the shtein out of it to get it out.

Susquehanna Birder

I've heard the hammer thing works, but the right way is with a press, right?

PhillyPhreak54

Yes. But we kinda did the redneck thing ...more fun.

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 24, 2007, 06:47:20 PM....on the base they had a craft shop where you could rent a bay with a lift and every tool at your side. Pay a couple a bucks an hour and the bay is yours.

I think I'm going to join the Marines.  All I have to do is kill little brown people, right?  And maybe die?  Totally worth it for the garage benefit alone.  Holla big government!!

Bet they got a gym, too.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on April 24, 2007, 11:48:34 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 24, 2007, 06:47:20 PM....on the base they had a craft shop where you could rent a bay with a lift and every tool at your side. Pay a couple a bucks an hour and the bay is yours.

I think I'm going to join the Marines.  All I have to do is kill little brown people, right?  And maybe die?  Totally worth it for the garage benefit alone.  Holla big government!!

Bet they got a gym, too.

You'd have to join the army though...and yes, they do have gyms all over the base.  For free.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 25, 2007, 01:41:33 AM
Quote from: Diomedes on April 24, 2007, 11:48:34 PM

Bet they got a gym, too.

You'd have to join the army though...and yes, they do have gyms all over the base.  For free.

Every Marine base I've ever been on has a "Hobby Shop". That's one of the few decent benefits there are on zesty Marine bases. If they took those away, they would have a revolt against little brown people......and win.

Phreak, turbo whine >>>>>>> silly centrifugal blower whine. Turbo'd 5.0s are some of the baddest bitches on the street.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyPhreak54

hunt

what's a fair price to replace an a/c compresser?
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is