Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Go back to his SI days before he left for ESPN and read the slop he'd write for the back page. Garbage.

Early on in his SI days as a feature guy and long form writing he was good.

Later SI days and all days with ESPN have been tripe.

ice grillin you

i figured it was an espn thing....let your hatred for that go and his shtein becomes as good as ever

you have to pretend youve never seen him on tv
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

OMFG We're still talking about Rick farging Reilly?

Dude....JoPa harbored a child rapist.

nevermind Rick Reilly.  He's irrelevant.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 13, 2012, 10:48:11 PM
i figured it was an espn thing....let your hatred for that go and his shtein becomes as good as ever

you have to pretend youve never seen him on tv

No its not an ESPN thing. Read what I wrote - he was bad in his final days at SI too.

ice grillin you

can i have an example of a terrible piece by him in his last days at si?

PhillyPhreak54

No because I am not going to dig out my old SI's just to give you a date/issue. Just go look when he started at ESPN and then read his SI stuff before he left.

ice grillin you

i think his stuff is still good so thats not gonna work....i was looking for a written example of his fall off from si to espn since hes so farging awful now

Sgt PSN

Quote from: phattymatty on July 13, 2012, 10:04:18 PM
i threw up in spanier's front yard in college. not that i ever felt bad but now i feel good.

Lol

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 14, 2012, 12:01:48 AM
i think his stuff is still good so thats not gonna work....i was looking for a written example of his fall off from si to espn since hes so farging awful now

http://deadspin.com/5616000/rick-reilly-writes-column-a-lot-like-other-rick-reilly-column
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

omg some website that cant string together sentences said someone else sucks...color me a believer!!

MDS

hes a farging lazy hack

you can dig his columns about some 12 year with cancer who still plays golf or something but theres tons of proof of him mailing in work and copying off of himself from earlier work.

deadspin in 2010 was a disgrace but its actually very good now since daulerio is gone. the takedown of lynn hoppes earlier this week was superb.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

the irony here is to delicious to even describe

MDS

why oh why couldnt you have been a disadvantaged fatherless 12 year old in 2003 who enrolled in the second mile

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome