Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

My boss had an interesting take on it.  He said if he ever heard of or personally witnessed anything going on like that (meaning adult sexual crimes, not child molestation) the first thing he would do is go to his boss and then immediately demand they both go to the police together.

Makes sense, right?  You go up the chain of command out of self-preservation if for no other reason.

If your boss refuses it's up to you to do whatever you have to do to get the word out and if the local iceholes don't listen, you take it to someone (state law enforcement) who will.

The coverup is going to end up costing everyone everything.  It always does and it's so goddamn stupid and senseless.

Hawk

What are the odds of Sandusky offing himself???

How about the odds on Ginger???  Pretty sure he'll never sniff a job again being the "guy who watched a kid get raped, did nothing, and went home and told daddy?

ice grillin you

in the case of the penn state situation...if im ginger or ginger sr. the minute i realize that my information is not being taken seriously im going to the media...no better place to blow something up than to do that
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2011, 08:22:36 PM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on November 09, 2011, 07:35:18 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2011, 03:17:54 PM
Quote from: Hawk on November 09, 2011, 02:10:58 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2011, 01:50:11 PM
its going to be so incredibly uncomfortable seeing that creepy old dood chillin out and coaching his football team on national tv while child rape victims are popping up all over state college...i dont know if the old man just doesnt get it cares more about records than kids or is just so full of himself that hes like im gonna throw this in the face of as many people as i can...

fact is he needs to be as far away from a penn state fiootball game as possible ever again but especially right now

and the board excuse is preposterous...what does him coaching this weekend have to do with allowing the board to concentrate on the scandal

on a football note nebraska lost at home to northwestern so i wouldnt say theres no way penn state will beat them

JoePa didn't rape any kids. 

1. sandusky
2. ginger
3. Gricar
4. Curley
5.Schultz
6. Spanier
7. Paterno

Let's not forget the initial case in 1998, where the DA/police ignored Sandusky admitting to a mom that he acted "inappropriately."

in 1998 paternos good friend and right hand man gets accused of and admits to child molestation

in 2002 paternos good friend and former right hand man rapes a kid in football locker room shower

so what does the emperor of penn state do?...he tells the AD and then forgets about it forever

FF to 1997 sandusky is still bringing children to paternos practices and games

joe did everything but rape kids...he was the pope and sandusky was his bishop

joes absolutely deserves more blame than curley or spanier...its not even close...and hes rigth there with the rest of them because he oversaw all this happen and was the god up there...he should be held to a higher standard...either way no matter what order you put them in the fact is if this guy coaches one more game much less the rest of a season at penn state it will be a complete travesty...he should retire and go away forever...just go die in silence somewhere

Joe Hated Sandusky, Sandusky hated him.  I have no clue where you're getting that they were out ripping beers and banging 12 year olds together.

whatever makes you feel better about all this...i just hope to god you arent in somehow trying to defend paterno
I'm going total homer mode because i'm stating what was public knowledge, or even in Missinelli's book. 

Seriously though.  Not at all.  He deserves a lot of the blame, but he's late in the line as Hawk listed.  I don't know the internal workings of how it all went down, but i know kids lives are screwed up forever.  Simply put, he did everything right from a legal perspective, but from a moral standpoint it was a gigantic failure, and one that will cost him shame in his legacy. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

How many rape victims refuse to identify their rapists?  How many witnesses refuse to testify in criminal cases?  We all like to think we'd do the moral or ethical thing and I sincerely hope everyone here including myself would do the right thing if faced with such a choice.

ice grillin you

couldnt joe have not told anyone and he still wouldnt have done anything illegal....when i hear it brought up that he did nothing illegal it makes me ill

twice that we know of...and im sure its more since they worked together for 30 years joe knew of sandusky molesting boys and twice he either did nothing or passed it off to someone who had a history of also burying the acts and then acted like it never happend...and thats if you dont believe that he influenced decisions by any number of people whether the police or the AD/president to bury sanduskys transgressions

and not only that but still was allowing sandusky to come to closed practices with boys....doesnt sound like they hated each other to me....unless they hated each other but had a mutual love of children with pee pee's

Rome

There's a difference between vague suspicion & outright complicity.  You understand that, right?

Look, what Paterno did or didn't do is really irrelevant now.  He's going to lose his job and be shown the door after 61 years of 99.999999999999% of doing it the right way.   

That in no way eases the pain & suffering of Sandusky's victims, and yes, JoePa should ultimately be held accountable for the actions of his staff, but equating in any way his inaction to Sandusky's actions is really overreaching.

Seabiscuit36

For all we know Joe asked the AD/President to look into it.  They came back and said it was unfounded as came out in the Grand Jury.  From what I've heard MM didnt say exactly what he saw, as compared to what he revealed in the Grand Jury interview.  I have no clue, its just sickening that this happened. 

The fact that you think Joe Pa is a bigger issue than Sandusky is typical IGY mode. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

oh he was 100% complicit in the cover up theres no doubt about that and that complicity led DIRECTLY to more kids being raped.....does that put joe on the same level as the rapist...no....but it doesnt put him far behind

SD

PSU news conference at 10 PM. This is odd.

SD

Paterno will not coach another game. Spanier will resign.

rjs246

And Sandusky will be executed on live tv? Good.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on November 09, 2011, 09:50:37 PM
For all we know Joe asked the AD/President to look into it.  They came back and said it was unfounded as came out in the Grand Jury.  From what I've heard MM didnt say exactly what he saw, as compared to what he revealed in the Grand Jury interview.  I have no clue, its just sickening that this happened. 

lolol you are a joke and should be ashamed of yourself...."from what ive heard"...youve heard from a bunch of men covering sex acts by another man for years....of course they are going to scapegoat ginger....plus this was the second time (that we know of) that joe heard about sandusky raping kids...guess he needed to hear about five or ten more before he believed it...and if you dont think at some other points since 1977 there were other incidents that were covered up then you are more of a fool than i thought

Quote from: SD on November 09, 2011, 09:55:42 PM

thank god....you knew there was just no way paterno would/could coach another game....its his god complex that thought he could coach out the rest of the year....he just doesnt get it and never will

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 09, 2011, 09:57:36 PM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on November 09, 2011, 09:50:37 PM

lolol you are a joke and should be ashamed of yourself...."from what ive heard"...youve heard from a bunch of men covering sex acts by another man for years....of course they are going to scapegoat ginger....plus this was the second time (that we know of) that joe heard about sandusky raping kids...guess he needed to hear about five or ten more before he believed it...and if you dont think at some other points since 1977 there were other incidents that were covered up then you are more of a fool than i thought

Quote from: SD on November 09, 2011, 09:55:42 PM

thank god....you knew there was just no way paterno would/could coach another game....its his god complex that thought he could coach out the rest of the year....he just doesnt get it and never will
And you're a 38 year old .  It is what it is i guess since I don't know all of the facts i dont JUMP to Conclusions.  I think Joe farged up.  He had a chance to stop this well before it went on.  I do think that the powers that be at the school clearly swept it under the Rug. 

ice grillin you

nice first you defend the cover up of kiddie rape and now are dropping racist bombs...i love middle america