Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

sandusky's lawyer is adding another level of hilarity to this.

his Today Show interview was awesome
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

gregg doyle is reporting that paternos statue is coming down over thanksgiving

that has to mean a lot more on joe is gonna come out no?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

If the statue is coming down then I have to assume his name is coming off the library too, right?  Or did they already make that decision? 

phattymatty

doyel also reported it came down this morning so lets not believe everyone who's trying to become relevant with this story.

but yeah if it actually comes down i've got to believe there is more dirt on joe.

ice grillin you

its coming down i dont think thats really a question....the questions are will it be over thanksgiving and if so are they doing it this quickly because some more shtein is about joe is about to drop

ice grillin you

Sgt PSN

Quote from: phattymatty on November 16, 2011, 11:21:51 AM
but yeah if it actually comes down i've got to believe there is more dirt on joe.

Joe Dirt? 

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Victims Go Back As Far As The 1970's

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Jerry Sandusky's primetime television interview Monday led several potential victims to come forward and consider sharing their story, according to two State College attorneys.

Hearing his voice and his words proclaiming no wrong — while admitting he showered innocently with young boys — was a trigger for some who say they were abused by the former Penn State defensive coordinator. One said it went back to the 1970s, around the time Sandusky founded the charity that prosecutors say was his axis for finding victims.

"They're literally processing it right in front of us," attorney Andy Shubin said. "They have kept it from their families, moms, brothers and sisters. ... The folks we talked to are largely folks in their 20s, who in a lot of cases have never told their story before."

Shubin, who is working closely with attorney Justine Andronici, has also teamed up with psychologists, social workers and a national child sex abuse organization so that these people can seek mental help along with possible legal recourse.

Many, Shubin says, haven't yet decided if they are going to talk to police. Some cases might be too old for a viable prosecution.

But all are seeking to heal, Shubin said, and their pain was re-triggered by Sandusky's interview Monday night with NBC's Bob Costas.

"I spent about half the day in kitchens and living rooms, speaking with victims of Sandusky's molestation and processing with them the effects of Jerry Sandusky being on television and Jerry Sandusky denying wrongdoing," Shubin said. "And what I found was that these folks are being re-traumatized."

Shubin said he couldn't put a number to his conversations. At this point, he said, it isn't clear how many people he consulted with will end up coming forward and telling their stories to police.

Authorities have set up a tip line for this case, but won't say how many new victims have come forward. No more charges have been filed, and state police rebutted claims by the New York Times that there were 10 new victims.

Some of those who talked to Shubin are afraid of retribution from Penn State-crazed fans, or being blamed — like one victim — for the downfall of Joe Paterno.

Mike Gillum, the psychologist working with the Clinton County boy who first came forward to authorities in 2008 and whose statement led to the grand jury investigation, said Wednesday that the teen boy is having trouble in school because he is being bullied.

Coming forward has led to threats and verbal abuse, Gillum said.

"In some cases we're finding that they are hiding in a fairly remote area, they are afraid of being discovered," Shubin said about the people he talked to Wednesday.

Others have already come forward and say they were dissuaded from being honest, he said.

"In some cases they have disclosed something in careful ways to people in positions of authority and they were not believed," Andronici said. "They were, in some cases, scolded and silenced."

Shubin and Andronici released a statement Tuesday outlining their plan to take civil action on behalf of victims who want to pursue that kind of relief.

Shubin is well-known in State College for his civil rights work, and is often sought out by crime victims for representation. He has a reputation for taking on Penn State in other lawsuits.

"The word is getting out that we have the interest of the victims," Andronici said. "People know who Andy is, they know who I am. They see that we're in a position to advise them as they navigate this. It's an extremely daunting process — getting prepared in their mind to deal with this."

EARLY CONCERNS

The earliest documented report of possible abuse at the hands of Sandusky is in 1995, when his now-legally adopted son was still a teenage foster child in his home.

The adoption file for Matt Sandusky, who had a different name at the time, contains letters of concern from his mother to children and youth officials and to a Centre County judge.

Matt's biological mother, Debra Long, testified before the grand jury.

Matt, 33, is not one of the victims in the grand jury presentment, but he did testify before the grand jury.

Sandusky's attorney, Joe Amendola, said Long is upset with Sandusky for helping her son and her allegations are not based in fact. Matt went to live with the Sandusky family after he was caught setting fire to a barn in 1995.

Children and Youth Services placed him with the Sandusky family at Jerry Sandusky's request. He knew Matt through The Second Mile.

In his book, "Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story" several pages are devoted to Matt.

"He became an instant challenge for me," Sandusky writes.

Debra Long was allowed to visit her son only one-half day per month after he went to live with the Sanduskys.

About four months after he went to live with Jerry, Matt attempted suicide with a girl who was also staying at Sandusky's house.

"The probation department has some serious concerns about the juvenile's safety and his current progress in placement with the Sandusky family," wrote Terry L. Trude, a school-based probation officer, days after the suicide attempt.

The letter, addressed to Centre County Judge David Grine, also said Long was concerned about Matt's safety and mental condition, and asked that Matt go to a different foster family.

Trude finally recommended that Matt's placement in the Sandusky house be reviewed within two months.

The night of the suicide attempt, Matt wrote a letter to the probation officer dealing with his case.

It read, in part: "I would like to be placed back with the Sanduskys. I feel that they have supported me even when I have messed up. They are a loving caring group of people. I love both my biological family and the Sandusky family."

The day Jerry Sandusky was arrested, Matt brought his kids over to Jerry's house. The mother of Matt's children almost immediately went to court to prevent future visits. A judge's order now prevents Sandusky from having unsupervised contact or overnight visits with his grandchildren.

ice grillin you

Less than three months later, on June 21, 2002, McQueary played in a celebrity golf tournament benefiting Sandusky's charity, The Second Mile, according to citizensvoice.com.

McQueary played in Sandusky's golf tournament again in 2003 and played in another flag football game with Sandusky coaching in April 2004.

phattymatty

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/mike-mcqueary-what-angers-most-is-they-see-themselves-when-they-consider-his-actions-in-penn-state-sex-abuse-scandal-111711

i don't even know how i feel about that article. whitlock likes the attention so he just wrote this to piss off other sportswriters but at least he's making people think a little.

Sgt PSN

igy smalls, where's that stuff coming from?  Link that shtein, homie. 

SunMo

assistant coach for Syracuse basketball has been accused of molesting a former ball boy.

Sandusky's off the hook!

WE ARE!
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds