Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

you didnt even have to go to schultz....they should have went to the police station and filed a report at the desk for god sakes...instead they went to bed and called curley the next day...then curley waited two weeks before he called ginger to hear what he had to say...and paterno didnt even accompany ginger to curleys office...he let his tramuatized GA go on his own while he by all accounts went back to coaching football like he always did....

oh while sandusky continued to visit practice with young boys
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Yeah, it took them 3 days to do something that should have taken 3 hours.  It's farged up and they all need to go.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's reprehensible. The question is this: Whose comeuppance will be insufficient?

phattymatty

it really is mind boggling. can you imagine being mcqueary? seeing something like that then still seeing dude around campus for the next 10 years like no biggie. he's got to be farged in the head.

all of them need to go. even if true (doubtful) and curley etc. only got reports of "horsing around" in the showers, that's still disgustingly farged up.

the only thing i can even think of, and it's by no means right, is that if some janitor came up to me and said my friend of 30 years was doing something like this, i wouldn't believe them. but you'd have to think after more than one instance they'd have to do a serious investigation.

the whole thing makes me feel gross just talking about it.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Really makes the NCAA investigations and the rigidity with which they keep watch to make sure students don't get ANYTHING outside of the scholarship for playing seem a bit trivial, huh?

Oh, the best college player in the country got a SUV to drive from an agent? A few Ohio State players got some tats? Yeah, that definitely deserves more time and effort than making sure Jerry Sandusky stops raping boys!

(Again, I'm not saying the NCAA is the governing body who should be concerned with PSU primarily right now. I'm saying they have too much time on their hands and should probably fire people - maybe those same people can go work for the state of Pennsylvania to help bring justice as deserved to REAL criminals?)

SunMo

it's not like PSU was lighting the world on fire with recruiting anyway, but i can't imagine what this is going to do to them moving forward.

Sgt PSN

I think this hurts their daycare program more than anything.

SunMo

Rome

PoopyfaceMcGee

hard to read this and disagree

In closing...

QuotePenn State and, specifically, Paterno's dereliction of duty are inconceivable. The only hope is that it was impaired decision-making or a breathtaking moment of thoughtlessness, rather than unfathomable depth of callousness and moral decay. If these allegations against Sandusky are true, Penn State's administrators and, indirectly, Paterno let a purported pederast continue to prey on innocent children, children they knew he would have steady access to through his charity. There's no justification for that. It would be inhuman.

Penn State stresses "Success with Honor." The program has undoubtedly had its success, but there's no honor here and there's none as long as this regime persists. The moral implications of this story surpass anything under the NCAA's jurisdiction. This is a tragic absence of leadership and a culture gone corrupt. Paterno's legacy, his 400 wins and his program may be ground to dust by this scandal. That's a tear drop in the ocean of pain the program's negligence may have inflicted on just one child.

Joe Paterno abdicated responsibility before. Under the public spotlight, he's in no position to do so again. He must resign, if not immediately at the end of the season. Penn State needs a clean slate, entirely new leadership and, judging from its actions through this mess, a vast recalibration of its priorities as an academic institution.

Hawk

I'm anxiously awaiting the Law and Order SVU episode about this.

phattymatty

yup...although i once saw one exactly like this...except he was a basketball coach and was played by the dad from the wonder years.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: phattymatty on November 07, 2011, 01:30:51 PM
yup...although i once saw one exactly like this...except he was a basketball coach and was played by the dad from the wonder years.

was that the guy who had the kids baseball hats that he would sniff, then go "Oh, Matty, 1988, summer camp"
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

if mariska hargitary isnt going undercover in the shower then i aint watchin
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee