2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

They could sell him for glue and give the proceeds to Cole Hamels' next contract.

PhillyGirl

No, they should just go off themselves.

And lets just all see how the next week goes.

What happens if the Phils end up winning the next 3 straight? Then lose Eaton's game. Will life be good again?  ::) Should I wake that turd up earlier than June?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Wingspan

Rowand probably will be missing philly more than philly misses him. He's going to regret his money-grab in the long run if he is about winning.

The giants could lose 90 games this year, they are terrible, and they have almost $40M tied into two guys alone.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Wingspan

The phils will lose every game this year where both Madsen and Gordon pitch.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

does that mean games with kendrick gordon and madsen count as two losses?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

troyhstewart

At least the Phillies get to start their real ACE today.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

BigEd76

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 01, 2008, 11:57:51 AM
so funny how the papers this morning already have articles "Do the Phillies miss Aaron Rowand?"

Jesus, its been one game. LOL

Lets revisit that topic in 2 months ok?

Retards.

But he went 2-for-3 while his team was shut out by the Dodgers!  He's a difference-maker!  Look at the grit and bluecollarness as he walks back to CF after another inning without a run...

SunMo

so he went 2 for 3 and his team lost

i guess you wanted him to hit a 6 run home run and singlehandedly win the game?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

brett myers is now the leader of the clubhouse...if you dont think thats a major problem then i dont know what to say

again he was asking for too much money but if you dont think they will miss him then you guys are once again practicing your homertastic revisionism
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Rowand wasn't the reason they lost yesterday.  But hey, they have another old Latino to solve the bullpen issues....

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SunMo on April 01, 2008, 01:13:51 PM
i guess you wanted him to hit a 6 run home run and singlehandedly win the game?

It would certainly make his contract seem like a bargain if he did. 

phattymatty

you guys probably don't remember this but roward totally smashed his face into the wall while diving for a catch once.

Rome

Unless Rowand developed a 98 mph fastball over the winter, his presence on the team wouldn't have made a speck of difference.

But I did laugh at the fact that it didn't take more than a single loss for one of the hacks in Philly to bring him up as an excuse.  The only thing more predictable than the Phillies' front office being inept is the douchebags at Philly.com one-upping them.