2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

it was my daughter's 8th birthday today and i took her to her first game and she had a great time.  she got cold and tired and we left early and spared me the 9th inning (7th inning comeback as well)

i win all the way around.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 31, 2008, 07:38:11 PM
I actually had this DVR'd.  Fortunately I heard the score on the way home so I won't subject myself to this.

Bleh.

same...I just finished watching it. I had class from 3-8:30 so I didn't check my text messages, listen to the radio, or pay attention to what anyone was saying. I sat down for my 6:00 Finance class and I heard someone in the hallway say 'rough start' and just knew that they sucked.

farg Gordon. He blew his last couple outings in ST. I was hoping Charlie would promote Romero to the closer role until Lidge was ready to come back.

One good thing is I don't have to freeze my ass off watching them blow like I did when they played their opening series vs. the Braves last season. iirc Gordon blew in that series too.

MDS

i think wednesday is a student night and a dollar dog nite. things were out of on control the last time they did this, so its a good idea that theyre doing it again this year.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on March 31, 2008, 11:47:32 PM
i think wednesday is a student night and a dollar dog nite. things were out of on control the last time they did this, so its a good idea that theyre doing it again this year.

are they really doing that again?  i know last year was a debacle.  we missed it by one night last year in April.  actually don jr. would have  loved the extra curricular activities.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD_Eagle5

That was the rowdiest game I ever attended. Still sport my red Phils College T

ice grillin you

betting that brett myers wont win more than 15 games might be the easiest money ever made

thanks phreak
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

so funny how the papers this morning already have articles "Do the Phillies miss Aaron Rowand?"

Jesus, its been one game. LOL

Lets revisit that topic in 2 months ok?

Retards.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

they undoubtedly WILL miss him...how could you argue it any other way...but they also shouldnt have resigned him....it can go both ways in this case
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Yes, I clearly know that Rowand would be missed.

My point is, they're writing articles like this shtein based on one game.

"DO the Phillies miss Rowand?"

Not, "Will the Phillies miss Rowand this season?"

Big difference. Retards.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Should the writers just sit on their keyboards until June?

phattymatty

From AJ Daulerio

Quote• Tom Gordon should just be vanquished to a small island and forced to eat himself. Brett Myers gave himself a mohawk and pitched like a number one starter for a few innings, then the inevitable 5th inning fade happened again and the Phillies were forced to go bull-penning. Ryan Madson gave up a couple, the Phillies tied it in the 8th, but then Flash came out turd-tossing in the 9th that led to a Washington Nationals offensive volcano. Final score: 11-6. Once again the Phillies start off with major concerns about their pitching staff, and the nagging feeling that the first part of the season will be absolutely horrible. Wake me when it's June.