trade?

Started by ice grillin you, February 09, 2006, 12:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

Quote--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Approximately one week ago, Brees shed his sling and began using his right arm for routine tasks.
:-D

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

The BIGSTUD

Wow, this really sucks for the Eagles. Not only do you lose the opportunity to get Abraham, but the Jets are probably going to draft Mario Williams to fill that DE spot now.

Eagles are losing options at DE here dammit.  :boom
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Philly Forever on February 09, 2006, 04:39:44 PM
Wow, this really sucks for the Eagles. Not only do you lose the opportunity to get Abraham, but the Jets are probably going to draft Mario Williams to fill that DE spot now.

The Eagles were never going to get Abraham, and they didn't have a legitimate shot at Williams anyway.

rjs246

What the Jets should be doing is trading with Houston for the first pick to get Bush and Houston can take Ferguson and the world can make sense. Also, anyone who thought the Eagles would ever have had a shot at Williams was hitting the pipe hard.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

The Eagles were never going to get Williams, and they dont want anything to do with Abraham.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

The BIGSTUD

At least there was a glimpse of hope before this rumor.

Where do the Eagles look next? Kiwanuka or Dumervil?
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

rjs246

Raheem Brock. Or some third rounder that no one's ever heard of.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

The BIGSTUD

I think they'll get a nice stud in here at DE, but they certainly are running out of options. That is for sure.

LBIggle

why is it a blockbuster trade?  its not as if the nfl offseason is filled with an overwhelming amount of player swaps.  should be top 3 of the 3 nfl trades this offseason.

MadMarchHare

GET BROCK! This team needs more irony.
Anyone but Reid.

PhillyPhreak54

1. This is one of those trades that works out for both teams. The Jets get their young QB and the Chargers defense gets a lot better. Pennington's arm injuries are a big deal. As is his salary cap number, but I guess the Jets are prepared to take a huge hit on that. Because you KNOW that Pennigton will not be happy. They arent bringin in Rivers to be his backup.

The Chargers pass rush is now downright scary good. To go along with Merriman, Castillo, Foley and Phillips they have John Abraham. While he is a lazy slacker in my eyes for his little "I'm not playing in this playoff game (against SD) because its my contract year" he is still a good pass rusher. And now that SD will undoubtedly give him a huge contract he will be happy. Once they upgrade that secondary that defense is going to be great.

2. The Eagles never had a shot at Abraham.

3. Elvis Dumervil shouldn't be a main target. He might be a good player but he shouldn't be a guy that you are looking forward to making an impact. He'll be a 3rd rounder most likely and should be a 4th rounder. His height (5'11) could be an issue. I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him in the later rounds if he slips, but in no way do I target him as a savior.

Beermonkey

Quote from: FFatPatt on February 09, 2006, 04:43:15 PM
Quote from: Philly Forever on February 09, 2006, 04:39:44 PM

The Eagles were never going to get Abraham, and they didn't have a legitimate shot at Williams anyway.

Thanks for ruining the ability for some others to act like they know something & feign outrage.  :boom  :-D