Week One - 2022

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 06, 2022, 12:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

The wait is finally over - football is back, baby!

AFC East

1. Buffalo
2. Miami
3. New England
4. New York Jets

The Jets would be third if Wilson wasn't starting off injured. But hell with how bad NE has looked and with their head scratching picks and coaching assignments maybe they still tumble to the basement. Miami is like the Eagles - it all rests on the QB.

AFC North

1. Cincinnati
2. Baltimore
3. Pittsburgh
4. Cleveland

I almost took Baltimore here bc I'm not sure if Cincy doesn't come out feeling themselves after last year. Plus they're playing a tough schedule. But the Burrow/Chase/Higgins/Mixon foursome is really good.

AFC South

1. Indianapolis
2. Jacksonville
3. Tennessee
4. Houston

Probably the worst division in the league now. Doug is just what JAX needed to help get that Urban stink off of them. Matt Ryan is old but his stability is what Indy needed. They'll ride Taylor like crazy and he probably crests 1800 yards. Tennessee could take the two if they end up benching Tannehill. Houston has some nice pieces namely the young RB and I think the QB can be decent in this league.

AFC West

1. Los Angeles Chargers
2. Kansas City
3. Las Vegas
4. Denver

Maybe the hardest division to pick for obvious reasons. I think they all finish over .500. Denver has some nice options for Wilson. Adams and Carr reunited. If the Chargers coach removed his head from his ass this off-season and doesn't get in his own way they'll take it. Herbert is really good.

AFC PLAYOFFS
Bills
Chargers
Bengals
Colts
Chiefs
Ravens
Miami

Chargers over Dolphins
Bengals over Ravens
Chiefs over Colts

Bills over Chiefs
Chargers over Bengals

Bills over Chargers

NFC East

1. Philadelphia
2. Dallas
3. New York Giants
4. Washington

Simply put it comes down to Hurts. If he's even a smidge better than last year then the Eagles win the division. Dallas has a good defense but I don't care for their offense. The Giants and Commanders fight for the basement; who turns it over more? Wentz or Jones?

NFC North

1. Green Bay
2. Minnesota
3. Detroit
4. Chicago

Rodgers likes to be doubted. He feeds off of it. They have a good coach and their STs should be better and that killed them last year. Minnesota will probably be half decent and Detroit will continue their ascent from a joke to a team who can win some ballgames. The Bears stink and them hiring a defensive guy won't help Fields.

NFC South

1. Tampa Bay
2. New Orleans
3. Carolina
4. Atlanta

Another lousy division. Tamps wins by default despite their OL injuries and old man Brady deciding to take a mid-camp vacay because his wife hates him for coming back. New Orleans could make some noise if Jameis stays healthy and doesn't do old Jameis things (like throw 30 picks). Their WRs are good on paper. The Falcons...yikes.

NFC West

1. Los Angeles Rams
2. San Francisco
3. Arizona
4. Seattle

Rams have a QB with an elbow issue. Niners have a new starter at QB. Can the Rams keep up their dominance? Likely. But Shanahan can scheme to help Lance - but if they stumble the calls for Jimmy G will be loud. Especially if the Rams aren't pulling away with it. The Cards stink and the Hawks may end up with the first overall pick (CJ Stroud or Bryce Young?).

NFC PLAYOFFS
Packers
Rams
Eagles
Bucs
Vikings
Niners
Cowboys

Rams over Cowboys
Eagles over Niners
Vikings over Bucs

Packers over Vikings
Rams over Eagles

Packers over Rams

SUPER BOWL

Buffalo Bills over Green Bay Packers

MVP - Josh Allen
OPOY - Jonathan Taylor
DPOY - Aaron Donald
OROY - George Pickens
DROY - Sauce Gardner
COY - Brandon Staley
Comeback Player - Saquon Barkley

Coaches Fired
Matt Rhule (may be the first one gone)
Pete Carroll ("mutual parting")
Mike McCarthy
And I wouldn't be surprised to see Belichick retire

PhillyPhreak54

Bills (-2.5) at Rams (o/u 52.5)
Ravens (-7) at Jets (o/u 44.5)
Browns at Panthers (-2.5) (o/u 41.5)
Colts (-8) at Texans (o/u 46)
Jaguars at Commanders (-3) (o/u 44)
Patriots at Dolphins (-3) (o/u 46.5)
Saints (-5.5) at Falcons (o/u 42.5)
Eagles (-4) at Lions (o/u 48.5)
Steelers at Bengals (-6.5) (o/u 44.5)
Niners (-7) at Bears (o/u 41.5)
Packers (-1.5) at Vikings (o/u 48)
Chiefs (-4.5) at Cardinals (o/u 53.5)
Raiders at Chargers (-3) (o/u 52)
Giants at Titans (-5.5) (o/u 43.5)
Bucs (-2) at Cowboys (o/u 50)
Broncos (-6.5) at Seahawks (o/u 43)

Ten road favorites!

MDS

j how could you not have the eagles winning it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

They have a shot! If Jalen balls out...watch out

Rome

So, Buffalo looks pretty damn put together and n offense so far.  Jesus.  They just went through the Rams defense like nothing. 

Rome

And LOL at the Packers winning the Super Bowl. 

No.

PhillyPhreak54

To be fair I picked Buffalo

Rams look off.

I have the Bills ML and expect them to keep slinging it. Allen is so good

PhillyPhreak54

Nvm

Nice pick, Allen. Sheesh

MDS

i thought the rams were going to get real old real fast but they are hanging in this game

they cant have any young talent so as the year progresses this thing has to fall apart
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Bills just dragging nuts on the Rams in this second half.

PhillyPhreak54

And Stafford continues to throw picks like crazy

PhillyPhreak54

And the Bills RBs can't hold onto the ball

One more TD please in garbage time

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Interesting stat

After he takes this L it'll be the first time in McVay's HC career he's under .500 (82 games)

MDS