Steve Foley shot several times by officer

Started by The BIGSTUD, September 03, 2006, 05:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

http://www.kusi.com/home/3815221.html

QuoteA San Diego Charger was shot Sunday morning by an off duty police officer. It happened around 3:30 Sunday morning..when an off duty Coronado police officer started following a man who was driving erratically. Police say the driver is Chargers linebacker Steve Foley.
The officer identified himself several times as a police officer, but Foley would not pull over. Foley then drove to his own neighborhood in Poway where he got out of the car and his girlfriend got behind the wheel. Police say Foley came at the officer who fired a warning shot. The woman then drove the car at the officer. The officer fired into the car, then shot Foley. But police say Foley kept coming, and the off duty officer shot him several more times. Foley was taken to Sharp Hospital for surgery. The woman was taken into custody. No charges have been filed yet. Steve Foley was arrested back in April for battery on a police officer and public drunkeness.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

LBIggle

wonder if he'll be ready for their first game.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: L-ong-B-each-I-ggle on September 03, 2006, 05:32:00 PM
wonder if he'll be ready for their first game.

Probably. Pluck out the bullets, stitch him up and he's ready to go.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

LBIggle

Magical_Retard

Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

PhillyPhreak54

You know, and I haven't seen the whole story yet, but if I'm an off duty cop I would call for backup and have the marked units pull the suspect over. I saw where he said that he contacted other law enforcement agencies so why didn't they send marked units to make the stop?

BigEd76

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 04, 2006, 02:14:34 PM
You know, and I haven't seen the whole story yet, but if I'm an off duty cop I would call for backup and have the marked units pull the suspect over. I saw where he said that he contacted other law enforcement agencies so why didn't they send marked units to make the stop?

There is an article on PFT that is about that, supposedly he just notified them but he did not ask for backup.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhreak54

Interesting - I just read that. I thik there's more to this story than what is out there. And for them to not pay him? I smell a grievance.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 04, 2006, 08:09:28 PM
Interesting - I just read that. I thik there's more to this story than what is out there. And for them to not pay him? I smell a grievance.

They don't have to according to the rules, and I also read that players that get put on that list very rarely do get paid.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah, I know they don't have to. The NFI list is to protect teams from paying the idiots who go out and blow out their knee riding a motorcycle or getting popped by the po's.

What I was saying though was that if it is proven that he was not liable for the shooting, which will be a tough thing to prove, then the Charges could be found to have to pay him since the injury wasn't his fault. He could file a grievance to get that cash back.

I believe JR Reed was put on the NFI list and they still paid him just to be nice.

Seabiscuit36

The Eagles should never be mentioned in the same breath as the Chargers as far as organizations go.  They have idiots in their front office.   By the way Foley is a beast, he is like Mcdougle, except it takes a clip to take him down.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

He shouldn't get paid.  And his dumb bitch woman should have been shot to death for driving toward the cop.

Morons, all.

PhillyPhreak54

I still think that this whole thing stinks of something rotten. It smells like a little cover up to me. And I'm a guy who generally sides with law enforcement since I work with the idiots they lock up.