Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Saudi keeper played out of his mind!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phattymatty

That was wild. And yeah I figured that dude was just playing dead to waste time like the welsh were doin yesterday but my man got smoked.

PhillyPhreak54

Dude went down like someone took a bone saw to him.

What an upset!

I see they're sticking to the point of adding a lot of extra time to combat the writhing in fake pain a lot of these dudes do

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 21, 2022, 10:17:56 PMI don't know enough about the rules but that didn't seem like it was egregious enough for a PK.

The penalty kick was as legit as they get.  I have no complaint about that.  I didn't like the flurry of cards distributed throughout for minor fouls.  Ref was pretty consistent on those, to his credit..but I wanted him to let the players have the game.  He seemed to want it for himself.  And I couldn't stand how chatty he was...slowing down play to lecture players throughout.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on November 21, 2022, 04:26:33 PM
I don't know a goddamn thing, but here are my takes:

Unfortunate result....the foul that gave Bale a penalty kick was unnecessary, a huge mistake

Ref didn't particularly help or hurt either side, but he was too preachy, and too free with the yellow cards, and he didn't have a consistent standard for stopping play for injury..it seemed to shift over the course of the game.  I was not a fan of his work.

He was horrendous on both sides. 

A 1-1 draw was a steal considering how awful the US played in the second half. 

Jordan Morris instead of Gio Reyna was a laughable mistake.  Not starting Brenden Aaronson with his energy was worse.

Berhalter out. 

England is going to obliterate this team.  The only question is will they obliterate Wales worse because that's the only way through for a dismal US side.

Rome

Oh and one other thing... farg FIFA.  Their cowardice in not supporting LGBTQ's is beyond the pale.

But heaven forbid we "offend" a culture which subjugates women, gays and effectively enslaves thousands of migrants just to get sports venues built. 

PhillyPhreak54

Anybody going to score today except the Saudis?!

Sheesh.

PhillyPhreak54

what a fargin save by the Mexico goalie wow

MDS

j randomly watching soccer despite not knowing anything about soccer is a joyous experience

keep those reactions coming baby
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I always watch the World Cup - love it

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on November 22, 2022, 10:18:47 AM
Oh and one other thing... farg FIFA.  Their cowardice in not supporting LGBTQ's is beyond the pale.

But heaven forbid we "offend" a culture which subjugates women, gays and effectively enslaves thousands of migrants just to get sports venues built.

FIFA is disgusting.  I have despised the organization for years.  My son has talked about the atrocities that went on in Quatar surrounding this WC for years, I kind of passed it off as my son is a huge soccer fan so I kind of brushed it off as the usual FIFA hate but when the shtein was really exposed about human rights and basically modern day slavery I almost boycotted the games.  I was appalled. 

Feel like going to a game in Quatar with Rupaul and drinking a shtein load of Bud Light at one of the venues and showing finger to all the FIFA convicts.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

Ok that makes no sense.

Do not take pot to Russia. 

Do not fag it up in Qatar.

Jesus Christ people going into hell demanding ice cream.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

I feel the need to elaborate:

Given:  FIFA is a corrupt organization. 
Given:  Qatari government is a hereditary monarchy operated by repressive, anti-democratic religious extremist royal family.

Soccer fans are not entitled to World Cup.  It's not a human right.  They don't have to attend.  They don't have to travel to Qatar.  They can choose to watch from home. 

If they do choose to go to World Cup, they ought not expect to be able to bring their morals and rights with them.  These don't travel.  When you enter a different society, a different legal system, you are no longer possessed of whatever rights you had back home...now you are subject to the laws of the land, written and unwritten, fair or not.

It is the farging height of idiocy to travel to Qatar and try to force gay rights down their throats.  This is their land, their home...right or not, respect it...OR....accept the consequences with dignity and some measure of composure, for farg sake.  Lining up dressed as a Crusader, dying your hair into gay pride colors....farg you.  You deserve what you get.

Eagaholic

Wait, what? They aren't 'Merican over there yet? We should nuke them.

SD

Almost turned this off because the Japs looked sunk. Then I thought to myself: was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?