2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 28, 2008, 05:49:23 PM
QuoteMLB Suggested That the Game Be Completed in Tampa
From one of the writers of the Unfiltered blog on baseballprospectus.com:

I'm told that MLB officials put forward the idea of moving Game Five's conclusion to Tampa on Wednesday with the intention of playing out Game Five and, if necessary, starting Game Six. The idea was quashed by both the Phillies and Fox.
:-D

now i have the weapons and explosives out.

hey, let's finish it in Milwaukee!  
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 28, 2008, 06:05:42 PM
While they're at it, why don't they allow their fans to throw cowbells at the Phillies players?  Or, they could simply let the Rays play their entire team in the field every inning to make sure nothing drops.

REally.

wtf, I cannot believe that.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

this is a farging joke

so much bullshtein

farg it

45.9/60 rating last night for the game in philly, about half that in tampa. that translates to around 2 mil watching the game in the philly area, or aboot 45% of the population. of course, that doesnt count all the parties and jam packed bars and 45k at the stadium.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on October 28, 2008, 06:12:26 PM
this is a farging joke

so much bullshtein

farg it

45.9/60 rating last night for the game in philly, about half that in tampa. that translates to around 2 mil watching the game in the philly area, or aboot 45% of the population. of course, that doesnt count all the parties and jam packed bars and 45k at the stadium.

good point.  do you know how this compared to the MNF game?  shtein, I think Bizzare Foods on The Travel Channel got a higher rating than game 5.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome

Whenever you think MLB can't be more of a whored out collection of c*cksuckers, you hear a rumor like they actually suggested that the game be moved to Tampa.

Honest to God, I think Bud Selig's life might literally be in danger if that happened.  And that's not hype, either.  I'm talking serious jeopardy.

ice grillin you

you guys really shouldnt believe everything you read on the internet
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

Bud Selig's life may still be in jeopardy if the Phils somehow lose this Series.

Agreed on the dumbshtein iceholes who discarded the ticket stubs. I was thinking about the stubs last night while watching the game and seeing everyone get wet in the stands. I thought about how they could be lifetime collectibles and I would have probably made like an inmate smuggling in a rock to keep my ticket stub dry. And some chunked 'em? Idiots.

Please tell me that those who were calling into WIP and whining about it were getting ripped by the hosts.

RE: Myers starting...absolutely not. Like Rome and SD said, the 1st inning of work for him is never his best. Can't afford to farg around with only 2.5 to go.

I was like an imbalanced retard today when thinking about the offense and the ramifications of last night. One moment I'd be thinking about how the Phils were pissed enough to come out and pound the ball thus collectively giving TB and MLB the finger and ending it.

Then I'd flip to being negative and thinking about how TB turned it around,, their offense would come out crushing and the Phils would go down feebly against that raging steroid junkie Grant Balfour or The Anointed One David Price.

ice grillin you

if the phils choked this series away how would it even remotely be bud seligs fault

PhillyPhreak54

i didn't say it would be...I'm saying there would be plenty of people who direct their anger and blame towards him and what did/did not happen last night.

MadMarchHare

If the Phils choke this series away, the hit list will be long and most random.
Anyone but Reid.

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 28, 2008, 07:43:49 PM
i didn't say it would be...I'm saying there would be plenty of people who direct their anger and blame towards him and what did/did not happen last night.

Exactly.

It would definitely be Elmer Bud Selig Season out there.

ice grillin you

philadelphia fans are smarter than that

starting the 6th inning was colassally stupid but you cant come up with a solid reason why that would cost them game 5 much less the series