2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

i love how everyone here is able to spell my last name right. growing up everyone mangled it. but you, with your 3rd grade education and incest-laden genes, can do it correctly. nice work, friend.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

It's not exactly rocket science.

Considering mine was butchered so much (Heinz...Hertz...no, I don't make ketchup or rent cars! I even wore #57 in middle school football as a joke).

I know how to spell. I know its a rarity for people who live in Texas, Tampa fans, and the general population.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on October 24, 2008, 12:08:35 AM
but on the bright side, they come home 1-1 and tampa did not beat them tonight. the phillies beat themselves with pos play in the field and god awful at bats with risp. youve got to like their chances to at least head back to tampa up 3-2. we all knew this wasnt gonna be a cake walk.

you're right.  we all got excited after winning game one and all this talk of sweep was ridiculous.  This thing is going to go down to the wire.  i just hope i'm still alive to watch it.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Moyer's gotta be huge on Saturday.

Wouldn't hurt if the offense finally got it together, either.

ice grillin you

sat will be rained out which is perfect because now it wont conflict with penn state

the question is who scores more pts in their next game ohio state or the rays

and whats the over under on combined walks and homers for moyer

i say 4 walks and three homers for a o/u of 7

bets?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 23, 2008, 09:15:44 PM
Quote from: Don Ho on October 23, 2008, 09:14:42 PM
not that i'm panicing but we're in deep shtein tonight.  we just might break that 13 RISP left on base record.  

can they just farging score some runs without waiting for someone to homer?

don't worry Carlos is leading off tthe third!

they will not win a game this series unless hamels is pitching...not only is tampas pitching better but their offense is far superior

stop. You're more of a drama queen than me. I thought Myers pitched well last night after the first inning when he settled down. Without Werth's error the GOD awful call behind the plate, this game was up for grabs. ON THE ROAD.

I'm pissed at the lack of scoring but its not going to continue at home.

Just finished reading the last 2 pages of this thread...I never, EVER want to hear that I'm a drama queen again. Not with IGY, Phreak and DonHo's posts. Holy shtein. They split the first 2 games on the farging road and are coming home for 3 straight. Get a grip. Did you think they were going to sweep them?  ::)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

no i thought theyd lose in 5 or 6...which is what i still think

myers pitched well i agree but guess what shields pitched better

and tampas offense got the job done and the phillies shtein the bed

the american league has dominated the national league for a while now and thats the case here...the phillies are a solid team but tampa bay is simply better and were tested by far better teams all year...theres no shame in the phillies game but jesus look at their interleague record this year and you can see why they are the inferior team

i just wish they werent from tampa bay...thats the unfair part...if the phils were to lose to the yankees or tigers or white sox id be fine but my god if tampa wins every team in their city will have won a title in the last five years....and that makes me wanna cry

PhillyGirl

The Phillies are just as good as Tampa, if not better. Stop IGY.

NL/AL has nothing to do with this. I know the AL/NL records, but at the same time, it all goes out the window when you get to the opposing team ballpark in the world series.

Phillies have not played up to their potential the last 2 games and I fully expect that to be different when they get into the confines of CBP. I expect to see the same team that played the past 2 series there.

Stop being a drama queen.

Phillies in 6.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 24, 2008, 08:52:17 AMI know the AL/NL records, but at the same time, it all goes out the window when you get to the opposing team ballpark in the world series.

the phillies were 2-7 at home vs the AL this year

ice grillin you

just got this email from my boy...

I can get 3 tickets to game 5 for $100 for all 3, you interested in going, SRO

Rome

I'm interested.  I can't go, of course, but I'm interested.

ice grillin you

i wanna know how he got these...it sounds to good to be true...stubhub has their cheapest tickets going for 700-800 each

Rome

He probably stole them from some rich GOP white devil.

ice grillin you

your waitin for the devil to come from the ground...clown....take a look around...just look at the cross that the priest is holdin...a beast in sheeps clothin

but im rollin....with that knowledge of self....cause heaven aint about wealth...so mister preacher if i cant pay my tide....do I have to wait outside?

white man please take another look....cause we cant be reading out the same book...cause yous a crook...and im a brotha....king james had sex with his mother...is that your edition?....is that your religion?...black man you gotta make a decision

cause god is comin on day number seven...and they wont call me a niggggga
when i get to heaven

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 24, 2008, 08:59:46 AM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 24, 2008, 08:52:17 AMI know the AL/NL records, but at the same time, it all goes out the window when you get to the opposing team ballpark in the world series.

the phillies were 2-7 at home vs the AL this year

They didn't play Tampa. What is your point?