2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

not only is it not irrelevant it cost them a series last year   

pitching is more important of course but when you hit .172 in a series your chances are pretty much done no matter what

not saying they will hit .172 but their lineup better produce more and stop leaving so many men on if they wanna win the next series

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

quit hatin and enjoy the wins, havas. come on, big papa, lets get happy.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

my eyes are on the prize....you can have first round wins

SD_Eagle5

I don't think the bums are the best team in the league. But in the back of my mind I keeping thinking maybe they'll just get hot and win it all. Just once a Philly team has to exceed expectations and just get it done.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 03, 2008, 11:42:40 AM
my eyes are on the prize....you can have first round wins

im lookin for a win. its not like choke and ace are trying to suck, sure they have to do better, no shtein. lets not get ahead of ourselves, they still need to close fattyville out, and it can be 1-0 or 100-99 for all i care.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 03, 2008, 12:00:42 PM
I don't think the bums are the best team in the league. But in the back of my mind I keeping thinking maybe they'll just get hot and win it all. Just once a Philly team has to exceed expectations and just get it done.
the odds are certainly against it
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 03, 2008, 12:00:42 PM

best team often doesnt win....i think the phils have a good shot at the ws now that they are in...either way at this point thats what we all should be looking at...what does this team have to do to win it all this year

ice grillin you

phils better win tomorrow cause idiot mlb put sundays game at 1pm

MDS

i believe that is just a tentative sked because the cubs and sox games arent even 3 hours apart

Wingspan

Quote from: MDS on October 03, 2008, 01:19:15 PM
i believe that is just a tentative sked because the cubs and sox games arent even 3 hours apart

Nope, they're 3 hours and 10 minutes...

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/index.jsp#20081003
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 03, 2008, 01:11:33 PM
phils better win tomorrow cause idiot mlb put sundays game at 1pm

shtein. They'd better wrap this up tomorrow, you're right.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Quote from: Wingspan on October 03, 2008, 01:23:36 PM
Quote from: MDS on October 03, 2008, 01:19:15 PM

Nope, they're 3 hours and 10 minutes...

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/index.jsp#20081003

first one i saw had something different.

well that was to be expected with two 2-0 series. basically tbs can promote the two games that will happen at the good timeslots, and worry about the other ones if they go down. had the phillies series been 1-1, the game would have been at 4 probably. but whatever, yea, end it tomorrow or else im off to sit uncomfortably on a bar stool.

ice grillin you

ill have to rely on this drooling cancer patient looking kenzo inbred who gives my section updates from the headphone radio he rocks every game

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.