2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

My point is even if he gets hosed...they go to the 10th and fail to score. Then the Dodgers go yard in the bottom and they lose. They are farging losers who play like they don't give a shtein.

They will not win until they learn how to hit and get rid of that black hole of , Jenkins ,Bruntlett, Ruiz/Coste portion of the line up.

This team disgusts me and takes the fun out of watching baseball

PoopyfaceMcGee

Mets win 4-3.
Marlins win 4-3.
Phillies lose 4-3.

GO TEAM.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 13, 2008, 01:02:33 AM
My point is even if he gets hosed...they go to the 10th and fail to score. Then the Dodgers go yard in the bottom and they lose.

if they are gonna lose anyway why were you mad at burrell coming out in the first place?

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

farging bums. Went to bed happy thinking they won, woke up to see they pulled their usual choke job. I hate this team.

MDS

It's the bats, stoopid.

Shut down after the third. Plus Manuel's moronic lineup with Homerun Jimmy batting 3rd and the best player 2nd. Just idiotic. How hard is it to hit Burrell 4 and Choke 5? Moron fatass.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Rollins called Phillies fans 'frontrunners' on The Best Damn Sports Show. farg him. The panel even gave him shtein for his comments and he just came off like an idiot.

PhillyPhreak54

I don't even get worked up about that stuff any more.

SD_Eagle5

I do. Especially when every game there's a commercial of him saying Phillies fans are the most passionate in sports and how being accepted here is not an easy thing and once you're accepted it's special. Sure a lot of that is fluff but for a guy that's been dogging it most of the season and hasn't won squat yet and has had the city support him since he was a rookie that's a zesty thing to say. farg him.

PhillyPhreak54

That's exactly why I don't get worked up about those things. Because they talk about whatever the situation calls for.

Phillies commercial? Blow the fans.
National sports show? Rip the fans.

Did you see the whole show or just a clip? Were the hosts baiting him and Howard into the whole Philly fans are horrible people things?

Granted the cool thing to do would have been to defend the fans of your home city...but whatever. Just go out and play baseball.

SD_Eagle5

I only saw a clip but from what I saw the panel was sticking up for Philly and getting on him for his comments. He said "you don't have to deal with things in other cities like you have to in Philly", the panel said that's everywhere then asked him where he's from. He said "Oakland, but they just don't even show up there". He reminded me of TO when he started going nuts. Like I said, farg him.

Rome

Right.  We're front-runners.  That's why the Phillies & Eagles & Flyers are usually sold out despite not winning championships in 28, 48 & 33 years.

Stupid little bitch.

PhillyPhreak54

Like I said...I just can't get angry about that.

I mean, lets be real here...Philly fans are known to turn on guys. Do I agree that we are front runners? Nope. Not as a whole. But like all fan bases there are front runners.

PhillyPhreak54

One thing that does make me angry...

Why is it when the Phils sign a guy who is at the tail end of his career, he really is at the tail end and has nothing left and plays like shtein (Geoff Jenkins).

But when another team signs a player who is washed up...like says the Cubs signing Jim Edmonds...he plays well?

I hate Edmonds. But imagine him in CF here.

Wingspan

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 13, 2008, 07:19:57 PM
Like I said...I just can't get angry about that.

I mean, lets be real here...Philly fans are known to turn on guys. Do I agree that we are front runners? Nope. Not as a whole. But like all fan bases there are front runners.

I disagree. As a whole, philly fans are frontrunners attendance at the eagles in 2005, and training camp this year...as well as down philly and sixer seasons tells the story.

There is a strong base of fans that carry on no matter what as well.

When you are part of one group it is tough to acknowledge the existence of the other.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

MDS

hes probably alluding to the booing that went on this weekend when the team was playing like shtein, compared to the lovefest they had when they won the nl east.

basically hes an idiot. its that way in new york, chicago, philly, detroit; any real sports city that doesnt accept losing games to shteinsburgh or losing home series to the florida marlins. jimmy has been here since 2001 he cant be the farging dumb to think this is new or it only goes on here.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.